• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Are you a grasshopper or an ant???

• Owner

Are you a grasshopper or an ant? THE ANT AND THEGRASSHOPPER This one is a little different...... Two Different Versions.................. Two Different Morals --------------------------------------------------------------------------------OLD VERSION The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, buildinghis house and laying up supplies for the winter. The grasshopper thinks the ant is afool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.. Come winter, the ant is warmand well fed. The grasshopper has no food or shelter, so hedies out in the cold. MORAL OF THE STORY: Beresponsible for yourself! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------MODERNVERSION The ant works hardin the withering heat and the rain all summer long, building his house andlaying up supplies for the winter. The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fooland laughs and dances and plays the summer away. Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a pressconference and demands to know why the ant should beallowed to be warm and well fed while he is cold and starving. CBS, NBC , PBS, CNN, and ABC show up toprovide pictures of the shiveringgrasshopper next to avideo of the ant in his comfortable home with a table filled with food. America is stunned by the sharp contrast. How can this be, that in a country of such wealth, this poor grasshopper is allowedto suffer so? Kermit the Frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper and everybodycries when they sing, 'It's Not Easy Being Green...' ACORN stages a demonstration in front of the ant's housewhere the news stations film the group singing, “Weshall overcome.” Then Rev. JeremiahWright has the group kneel down to pray to God for the grasshopper'ssake. President Obama condemnsthe ant and blamesPresident Bush, President Reagan, Christopher Columbus, and thePope for the grasshopper's plight.Nancy Pelosi & Harry Reid exclaim in an interview with Larry King that the ant has gottenrich off the back of the grasshopper, and bothcall for an immediate tax hike on theant to makehim pay his fair share. Finally, the EEOC drafts the Economic Equity &Anti-Grasshopper Act retroactive to the beginning ofthe summer. The ant is fined for failing to hire a proportionate number of green bugs and, having nothing left topay his retroactive taxes, his home is confiscated by the Government Green Czar and givento the grasshopper. The story ends as we see the grasshopper and his free-loadingfriends finishing up the last bits of the ant’s food while the government house he isin, which, as you recall, just happens to be the ant's old house,crumbles around them because the grasshopperdoesn'tmaintain it. The ant has disappeared in the snow, never to be seen again. The grasshopper is founddead in a drug related incident, and the house, now abandoned, is taken overby a gang of spiders who terrorize the ramshackle, once prosperousand once peaceful, neighborhood.The entire Nation collapses bringing the rest of the free world with it. MORAL OF THESTORY: Be careful how you vote in 2010.

i am sorry....i can usually give these a good chuckle....but that story is SO wrong and one-sided! i cannot keep quite

i doesn't matter how you vote...black/white....they both steal elections and the person who actually wins, losses...and you cannot sit on your soap box and speak if you do not at least acknowledge that our massive debts are a product of the last administration's decisions(right or wrong).

also.....if you sit a point behind a desk, but do not actually build/fix/etc anything, you are making money off of someone else's work. its not bad....its business! but don't sit there and say "i work hard for every dollar i make" when you sit inside an AC cooled building playing grab ___, while they're are people in the field making the money that keeps your lights on. i hate hearing about how the owner of a business is suffering because he makes more than double anyone on the staff, doesn't even have to roll out of bed to get paid....while the employee's or "contractors"(usually cause the employer wants to dodge taxes and workers comp) cannot afford any kind of healthcare(which happens to be 80% of OK). i have been making a mint for my employer's since i was 17....not one of those guys offered any kind of health insurance to me or my 3 kids. and wouldn't you know that i cannot afford it! since when am i a bad guy for doing everything right, and still not able to provide the necessities for my family? there are no easy solutions...but i get tired of hearing...that if you are for healthcare, you are as bad as al-qaeda and hate america.:2cents: my brother has disabilities from birth(at no fault of his own,or parents). even if he hit the lottery, the insurance companies would not cover his pre-existing conditions(and anything they can try to pin on that).

sorry for the rant....i hear trash like this day in and out from my fat cat bosses....and then come to my favorite website and get a second spoon full!:cry:but there are othersides than just lazy ahole porch monkeys

From a workers point of view, the boss should be seen as just a higher up person. Someone you go to for help when you run out of ideas. The worker gets all the satisfaction of a job well done, unless a boss was directly linked to doing the job, he won't get that, he only gets money, but money doesn't say I did a good job, whereas you can look at your work and be satisfied with it. The only thing a boss has going for him, is satisfaction for his company. He says I have good workers who are sending out good products, but that's all he can say. A boss strutting around saying he works hard in the a/c.... you can't really expect them to admit they sit in their office all day for $100k+.. It's also their company which they started so why would they choose to give everyone else money to defy the point of starting a company, and why work either, I do understand they should feel a bit of guilt though and should respect their workers a lot more than they seem to these days. It doesn't bother me at all. When I worked for a boss who said he outworked me day in and day out when he really didn't, I just ignored him. Sure he has money, but nobody liked him, and I was the one who was able to say I made a lot of the stuff being sent out. So although he made money, I made satisfaction. If all you think about is the money end of it, then are you really better than them? because that's all boss's think about most of the time, so if you don't like it, become a boss. :shrug:

you missed my point....i now own my business....i can really see all sides(and why i can appreciate both sides jokes). but right this second, if one of my daughters got sick...i would be crush by their medical bills. thank god they have medicaid! but i feel that the ant/grasshopper story is f-ed up.i'm an ant that has toiled literary to the bone. but because i want to be able to go to the doctor(witch i have only done 3 times in my life) than all the sudden i'm a lazy drug doing grasshopper?