• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

My Next Job

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

I've been given the green light by the owner to work on the next truck. I've got to share this with you all very nice looking 2nd Gen... I had to dig it out of New Meadows, ID. It was buried rather nicely with quite a bit of snow on it.

I know I got to do front end work.  Sloppy steering. 4WD doesn't work (vacuum issues). Shocks are worn out and got some  bounce and sway. Got it home for the time being that is the first step.

DSCF3578_phatch.jpg.511c7876d4878738e2ae

DSCF3579_phatch.jpg.15c1c6e562917d9b823b

• Owner

LOL... It'll take a few days of work. I don't have instant resources here where I'm at. Then playing tag with the owner by email or phone delays things too. I'm sure I've got 3 more trucks to play with as well. One of them is a CR with a bad cylinder no compression in one hole. I've also got a fork lift to fix yet but got to wait till spring for it. Then the bonus project is making a custom truck for him as well. That is way down the road.

• Owner
43 minutes ago, CTcummins24V said:

Replace the front "Y" set up for the new "T" style set up with the tie rods and drag link etc? I'm waiting for someone on this forum to do it...i'm considering doing the 09' steering upgrade this spring to rid my truck of bump steer

I think TFaoro or CSM already did. I just remember seeing the post about that.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

98 99 and 00 through 02 are different parts.  The hammers article is for early, mine is for late.

Check the articles.  I think the hammers might be in 12v.

I will answer any questions you have.

Mine is correct, though I need add an update to it. You can use everything from my article on a 00-02 EXCEPT for the pitman arm side tie rod end. The tapered hole in 00-02 pitman arms are a different diameter than 95-99 trucks. The AC Delco Professional part number for 00-02 trucks is 45A0842 and can be found on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-45A0842-Professional-Passenger-Steering/dp/B000TN9GRG

• Like 1

@The_Hammer  Here is what I found.  

• 94-99 old style taper knuckles and pitman arm
  • 00-02 trucks have new style taper in knuckles and pitman arm
  • 03-08 trucks have the new style same as the 00-02
  • 08.5-12 trucks also have the same taper as the 00-02 and 03-08 trucks

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The_Hammer said:

Are you sure that all of the 00-02 trucks have the new style taper? I've found reports of people successfully doing the conversion on those trucks. 

I haven't gone out and checked them, but I read quite a few forums on this topic on CF and elsewhere and it seemed pretty much the case.  I wonder if guys are installing the new style into the old taper and just torquing the bolts til its tight.  

I wish I had more concrete info, but that is the best I got. 

Edited by CSM