• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

p1698 code

I was driving my truck this morning and all the gauges stopped working and warning lights came on and  no bus displayed in the odometer. I hooked up my code reader and it says P1698  no bus message from transmission control module. my code reader will not erase the codes. Has anyone had experience with this. Also wondering if it is okay to drive in this condition. I checked the connections going to the pcm and everything looks fine.

I have not. my code scanner, i think is a DRBII. I pulled the wires going to the PCM and removed negative wires on both batteries hoping for something simple, but that did not fix it. I don't have much 12v electrical experience

4 hours ago, mdurby said:

I have not. my code scanner, i think is a DRBII. I pulled the wires going to the PCM and removed negative wires on both batteries hoping for something simple, but that did not fix it. I don't have much 12v electrical experience

Follow the diagnostic using OBD2, or your DRB2, and it should get you the info you need. The diagnostics posted are from Dodge so ignore the DRB3 aspect and follow the rest of it.

If DTC P1698 exists, go to next step. If DTC P1698 does not exist, test is complete. Your scanner should clear the code if not go to the next step.

Edited by eddielee

yes it is a obd2 scanner, just assumed they were the same  letters. I am trying to do the test from the article but I'm not having any luck. I can read the codes, P1698 but I cannot erase them. Step 4 with the harness pcm connectors disconnected and a jumper wire from terminal No.30 connector 3 to ground my OBD2 scanner will not connect/ communicate. Are there any other options to check the wires?