• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

got my raptor 95 installed today took about 8 hrs most time spent on geting stock line of fuel tank and disconecting old pump, arms to big to get in there after over an hour of working on it my son came out with his skinner arms and got it off in about 2 minutes, but the pumps working good 18 lbs at idle and 15 lbs excelerating my old pump was goining bad so im a happy camper now. should be in 2nd gen. thread sorry.

• 2 months later...

Just got my Raptor 100 on last night. I bagged the ends of the old system, but left it in place. The old pump was acting up, but hadn't quit yet, It should be easy to reconnect the 2 ends, and the electrical plug if the raptor should ever quit. (I love redundancy) After 10 minutes idling to purge the new system, I changed out the old fuel filter. Fuel pressures was only showing about 15 psi. Took it for a test drive. Pressures quickly dropped to <10 psi during acceleration. Came Home. Turned regulator up to 18 psi, Pressure still dropped quickly. Turned regulator up to 22 psi, Pressures never dropped below 17, Backed Pressure down to 20 psi even. Now pressures only drop to 15...13 if I'm really hard into it. Question is...Is 20 psi at idle a good pressure to run? I keep seeing 18 psi max in posts, but I don't like the large drops I'm seeing at that pressure. 20 psi seems to be giving me more consistent pressures. I just don't want to risk any IP damage.Question 2...I didn't change the line from my stock fuel filter to my VP44. My fuel pressure sender is connected at my VP44 inlet via a 16" grease gun hose. Could the small line, and banjo bolts be causing the pressure drops at 18 psi and below?

Question is...Is 20 psi at idle a good pressure to run? I keep seeing 18 psi max in posts, but I don't like the large drops I'm seeing at that pressure. 20 psi seems to be giving me more consistent pressures. I just don't want to risk any IP damage.

should do no harm...but i would lower it to 17 or 18

Question 2...I didn't change the line from my stock fuel filter to my VP44. My fuel pressure sender is connected at my VP44 inlet via a 16" grease gun hose. Could the small line, and banjo bolts be causing the pressure drops at 18 psi and below?

yes. the banjos have are very small passages. you should do 3/8" (or even 1/2") fuel hose for the system. your pressure loss will be less

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

The banjos on the line between the stock lift pump and the stock filter housing need help because, while the barb is 5/16 on the outside, the hole thru it is LESS than 3/16.

i have Universal Big Line Filter to Injection Pump Kit w/ fuel pressure access

check here for ideas: http://www.vulcanperformance.com/category-s/182.htm

• Like 1

Pressures quickly dropped to <10 psi during acceleration. Came Home. Turned regulator up to 18 psi, Pressure still dropped quickly. Turned regulator up to 22 psi, Pressures never dropped below 17, Backed Pressure down to 20 psi even. Now pressures only drop to 15...13 if I'm really hard into it.

Are you running 1/2" linesfuel thru that?On my truck I am. Set the regulator to 18 psi. It drops to about 15 if I romp on it. from the tank to the filter? Do you have an intank pump and running the

fuel thru that?

Question 2...I didn't change the line from my stock fuel filter to my VP44. My fuel pressure sender is connected at my VP44 inlet via a 16" grease gun hose. Could the small line, and banjo bolts be causing the pressure drops at 18 psi and below?

Neither did I. I have mine running from the top of the fuel filter. I used all of the fittings that came with my set up. The only banjo bolt that I didn't change was from the filter to the VP.

Neither did I. I have mine running from the top of the fuel filter. I used all of the fittings that came with my set up. The only banjo bolt that I didn't change was from the filter to the VP.

I believe that they changed fuel filter in 99, or 2000. It shows the older style with both the inlet and outlet lines at the top of the filter. On mine, the inlet is on the rear to the filter, and the outlet is on the bottom. You change the filter from the top.