• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mopar73 Full Eclipse Meet and Greet Camp Trip Aug 18th Thru the 21st 2017

Me78569

• Staff
10 hours ago, dripley said:

Well i completely missed that one. I guess that means I have plenty of time to save up for this trip. Thanks Bill.

I experienced a full eclipse in Georgia about 33 or 34 years ago. We did not have any way of looking at the moon passing in front of the sun. Watched all of that on TV. All I can say is what saw around was pretty amazing. The light and shadows cast were very strange. It was all very surreal. I can see why ancient mankind made a very big deal out of the experience. I dont even know how to describe to this day. 

That's good cool experience Dave. I hope you do make it. It'll work cause camper won't be crowded since I found out wife can't make it.... she's manager to an office where it is still her overtime busy season.

I found some rare 20 grit for the sander :lol3:

9 hours ago, IBMobile said:

I'll be there.  I checked with the BOSS and she said I could take the time off but after she wants to go to Glacier National Park.  I've opened a vacation account and I'm saving my nickels and dimes.  I can bring a 10'x10' portable canopy, 3-4 nights of fire wood, and the coffee.       56b29d8ed8a26_animated-smileys-drinking-

The last time I saw a full eclipse, we were so up set that the moon had eaten the sun we sacrificed a case of beer.  All was right after that.56b2a14f9355d_animated-smileys-drinking-

Great Daniel.... I thank you for taking note of the canopy, firewood and coffee. I got to see about getting a stack of viewing filters for everyone. Looked in my truck last night.... found the fun gauge on my pillar is already pegged :think: :cheers:

we could make the trip if it was earlier in the year. the kids are back in school by this time. sadly we will be unable to join in the fun.

looks to be about 950 miles. and google says 14 hours. but dragging a trailer would be much slower if i wanted over 8 MPG. in 2017... will try and pan for this.

Edited by Killer223

• Staff

I did not realize school starts much earlier outside of Oregon. My kids started the day after labor day usually. I hope you can make it Killer, perhaps a baby sitter and sleep in the back with a canopy?

I wanted to tell everyone that the RV park is very quiet being that its on a very lonely highway so a nice tent could work for anyone. I know they have bathrooms but did not check to see if they have showers.

Edited by JAG1

• Staff

CTD you should head north on California 395. Not much traffic and more mountains than Montana. beautiful high mountain country thru western gold mining towns and great places to stop over.

BTW, the RV park has full facilities with showers and laundry :thumb1:

• 6 months later...
6 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Dave you can stay at Michael Nelson place. Very nice there Boss. You would deserve it driving that far. Staying with them is very memorable great experience. Better than the bears in Yosemite.:thumb1:

It would be a privilege to do so. So far the closest i ever made it is Hooker OK. Out in the panhandle. Might have been a little over half way.

• Like 1

• Staff

Driply we have better bigger mtns out here. you would love it.

You can stay at my place too if you wish to tour the left coast. I'm on acreage that's shaded forest land. very secluded. You can be a squatter as long as you like with full hooks ups.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • Staff

Thought I had better bump this subject since this event is now only 5 months away. Remember there is free camping or a choice of sites inside the rv park next door if you want full hook ups.

I'm hoping to meet as many as possible. Everyone is welcome and it is in the path of experiencing a full eclipse:thumb1: