• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mopar73 Full Eclipse Meet and Greet Camp Trip Aug 18th Thru the 21st 2017

Me78569

This Thread is to Cover the Mopar1973Man Camping Meet and Greet for the Full Eclipse Aug 18th Thru the 21st 2017.  

We will be camping out near Michaels place in a place called Catfish Junction.  http://www.catfishjunctionrvpark.com/ 

Bring your truck, family, friends, for a relaxed good time.  

Edited by Me78569
  • Like 1

• Staff

Long as you make it there Tyler. :thumb1:

There is some thought about bring firewood ( can supply about 1 nights worth), squirt guns for the heat, but, mostly need to get solar eclipse filters to save eyes.

Eclipse day is August 21st on a Monday. Can start showing up in Hamilton the Friday before on the 18th.

Mike  what's the rv park name?

Everyone can make their own reservations but, I will call to see if we can get a block of sites together as a tentative reservation. At least the nice people that run it can help out getting us close together.

Edited by JAG1

• Staff
3 hours ago, TFaoro said:

That's a heck of a drive....

That is part of all the fun if you do it right, no hurrying, stay off Interstates, stop at history stuff like that.

3 hours ago, Me78569 said:

We need to start a new thread to keep track of this, 

Who brings what etc etc etc.

Yes your right

• Staff
8 hours ago, TFaoro said:

School starts the 23rd and I'd have a 910 mile trip back :stirthepot: 

Eclipse is in full swing around 11:33 am Monday so you could gain on about 300 miles in the afternoon/ eve

50 minutes ago, dripley said:

It's only 2363 miles from my house. A month of with pay and I might could be there. 

.Yes that is a long ways unless you fly out. Be willing to pick you up at the airport in Boise Idaho and take you back Dave. Problem is the extra bed in my Dinette is only 5'8''. Most complain it keeps them from sleeping. You are welcome to it Dave. I make real good coffee. The kind that can wake up an old Cowboy.

Michael or Nick, would you be so kind as to take the bottom portion of this thread and start a new thread called'', Mopar73 Full Eclipse Meet and Greet Camp Trip Aug 18th Thru the 21st 2017?? I'm not sure how to do that. Thank you.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, dripley said:

It's only 2363 miles from my house. A month of with pay and I might could be there. 

Ha I flew into Florida for a vacation and before hand I had lined up a MM1973man forum Florida group get together from over 2k miles away and finalized it while I was actually down there already thanks to Jon Fak and his bride Glenna for being the hosts for the get together.

Driving?ms=558,180&wp.0=46.811119,-100.8

Looks to be a bit over 1100 miles to there for me but dang that is prime boating season in our already extremely short Northern plains summers. For that reason alone would knock me out of the trip, it's the best time of year here at home to be in the great outdoors.

Edited by Wild and Free

2 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Eclipse is in full swing around 11:33 am Monday so you could gain on about 300 miles in the afternoon/ eve

.Yes that is a long ways unless you fly out. Be willing to pick you up at the airport in Boise Idaho and take you back Dave. Problem is the extra bed in my Dinette is only 5'8''. Most complain it keeps them from sleeping. You are welcome to it Dave. I make real good coffee. The kind that can wake up an old Cowboy.

Michael or Nick, would you be so kind as to take the bottom portion of this thread and start a new thread called'', Mopar73 Full Eclipse Meet and Greet Camp Trip Aug 18th Thru the 21st 2017?? I'm not sure how to do that. Thank you.

You are making it hard to say no. Your offer is quite generous and is going to be hard to refuse. Kind of depends one where I am at the time. you going to have a belt sander there? I might need a pedicure.

As far as the galley birth, doe that many times on the BIL sail boat with the wife.

16 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Long as you make it there Tyler. :thumb1:

There is some thought about bring firewood ( can supply about 1 nights worth), squirt guns for the heat, but, mostly need to get solar eclipse filters to save eyes.

Eclipse day is August 21st on a Monday. Can start showing up in Hamilton the Friday before on the 18th.

Mike  what's the rv park name?

Everyone can make their own reservations but, I will call to see if we can get a block of sites together as a tentative reservation. At least the nice people that run it can help out getting us close together.

My calendars all say the 21st is on Sunday. Dates mixed up maybe?

4 hours ago, Wild and Free said:

You are looking @ 2016 calendar Dave, this event is in 2017.

Well i completely missed that one. I guess that means I have plenty of time to save up for this trip. Thanks Bill.

I experienced a full eclipse in Georgia about 33 or 34 years ago. We did not have any way of looking at the moon passing in front of the sun. Watched all of that on TV. All I can say is what saw around was pretty amazing. The light and shadows cast were very strange. It was all very surreal. I can see why ancient mankind made a very big deal out of the experience. I dont even know how to describe to this day. 

• Staff

I'll be there.  I checked with the BOSS and she said I could take the time off but after she wants to go to Glacier National Park.  I've opened a vacation account and I'm saving my nickels and dimes.  I can bring a 10'x10' portable canopy, 3-4 nights of fire wood, and the coffee.       56b29d8ed8a26_animated-smileys-drinking-

The last time I saw a full eclipse, we were so up set that the moon had eaten the sun we sacrificed a case of beer.  All was right after that.56b2a14f9355d_animated-smileys-drinking-

• Like 2