• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mopar73 Full Eclipse Meet and Greet Camp Trip Aug 18th Thru the 21st 2017

Me78569

We experienced one back in Georgia 30 35 years ago and the real light show was all around. The way the light filters thru the trees and shadows cast by buildings and such were surreal. Made you feel strange, really dont know how to describe it. Going to try and make it, just depends on where I am and what  plane ticket costs.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

In oregon they are already warning people of huge traffic jams...over a million cars expected on the roads that day and days around. Reports of gouging at motels...Cancelling current long standing reservations in hopes of more expensive future reservations. That's capitalism for ya. Probably robot maids too and kiosks to check in. ?

• Staff

Me go back roads, leave very early, days in advance.

Your funny Joe, I was here in Oregon during the 1979 eclipse I think it was, and there was no fuss at all. I was buzzing up a $1200 dollar unit of 4x 6's before they were unbanded, buzzed right thru them with a chain saw and the boss stopped me when it was getting dark. It was very weird/ erie.

Daniel I hope your coming up 395. It's more remote in Oregon at least.

Edited by JAG1

We experienced one back in Georgia many years ago, probably the one @JAG1 mentions, and the real light show was all around. The way the light filters thru the trees and shadows cast by buildings and such were surreal. Made you feel strange, really dont know how to describe it. 

I am still hoping to go. I thought I was landed here in Maryland until early November but we are beset with permitting delays I have never had before. CFA got me here 2 months too early. Having a big meeting tomorrow with CFA, the civil engineers and my company reps to discuss how to proceed. This could be the toughest county I have ever worked in. They made sure I knew that at the pre con meeting. Just another reason I dont like working up here, way to bureaucratic. It is possible we might shut this one down until everyone gets their act together.

• Like 2

• Staff

Just walk into the building permit dept. and tell them how much you like Donald. That way you'll get plenty delays, be able to go to the meet..:thumb1:

Edited by JAG1

I think they all new that at the pre con. My biggest fear is after all the delays and when the permits are issued we will get put on a fast track schedule. That just means a lot more hours. Not exactly what a salaried employee wants to hear. If it takes to long then I could just end up somewhere else. 

• Staff
1 hour ago, dripley said:

I think they all new that at the pre con. My biggest fear is after all the delays and when the permits are issued we will get put on a fast track schedule. That just means a lot more hours. Not exactly what a salaried employee wants to hear. If it takes to long then I could just end up somewhere else. 

Sounds like renegotiation time because, as I know construction it is a tough enough job and is compounded up to many times by tight schedule. The stress can become too much and hard on your health bud.

Edited by JAG1

7 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Sounds like renegotiation time because, as I know construction it is a tough enough job and is compounded up to many times by tight schedule. The stress can become too much and hard on your health bud.

Tell me about it. 4 jobs ago I took over a Love's truck stop from a super that had a stroke. New to me client and job. Pretty tough but the county was good to deal with. Next job, took over a Discount tire as the 3rd super. The first 2 threw it in the trash can. That was 2.5 months of nothing but finding and solving problems. At least I had built one before. Then the last CFA in Durham NC, my home state. It was like nothing I had ever seen. The building was easy but the site work was unbelieveable. Three times as many inspections than the building. It took near 7 weeks to get the approvals for them to open. Just ridiculous. And now another CFA in Maryland with all the same requirements as the last one, except the building is going to be as tough as the site. If they do fast track it and agree to pay my subs overtime they all better agree that I will deserve something as well. We will see.  I will say that my company gave me a very nice bonus for Durham and a better than average bonus for the two previous jobs. So all was not lost from their view point. I have a very good employer.

• Staff

Watch your health  I've seen a few super's than got ill from weight of job on their shoulders. I think it's a tough one.

Smoothest job I ever did was a high dollar home that I prayed a lot over. Things fell in place at unbelievable moments in the schedule. Even unplanned things worked for the benefit of completion. It was a real lesson on power of prayer.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner

I'm going to do the smart thing... I've got a spot in Parma, Idaho I'm going to hide the RV at for the month of August. This is only about 15 miles from Ontario, OR and about 37miles from Catfish Junction. So you all can have your crowded RV park I'll go back and hide in a quiet spot in Parma, ID.