Me78569

Mopar73 Full Eclipse Meet and Greet Camp Trip Aug 18th Thru the 21st 2017

IBMobile    673
IBMobile
8 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Daniel I hope your coming up 395. It's more remote in Oregon at least.

I planed on US 395 in California and over to US 95 through Nevada-Oregon-Idaho.    

JAG1    767
JAG1

That'd probably be a good way to go.

dripley    1,067
dripley

We experienced one back in Georgia many years ago, probably the one @JAG1 mentions, and the real light show was all around. The way the light filters thru the trees and shadows cast by buildings and such were surreal. Made you feel strange, really dont know how to describe it. 

I am still hoping to go. I thought I was landed here in Maryland until early November but we are beset with permitting delays I have never had before. CFA got me here 2 months too early. Having a big meeting tomorrow with CFA, the civil engineers and my company reps to discuss how to proceed. This could be the toughest county I have ever worked in. They made sure I knew that at the pre con meeting. Just another reason I dont like working up here, way to bureaucratic. It is possible we might shut this one down until everyone gets their act together.

• Like 2

JAG1    767
JAG1

Just walk into the building permit dept. and tell them how much you like Donald. That way you'll get plenty delays, be able to go to the meet..:thumb1:

Edited by JAG1

dripley    1,067
dripley

I think they all new that at the pre con. My biggest fear is after all the delays and when the permits are issued we will get put on a fast track schedule. That just means a lot more hours. Not exactly what a salaried employee wants to hear. If it takes to long then I could just end up somewhere else. 

JAG1    767
JAG1
1 hour ago, dripley said:

I think they all new that at the pre con. My biggest fear is after all the delays and when the permits are issued we will get put on a fast track schedule. That just means a lot more hours. Not exactly what a salaried employee wants to hear. If it takes to long then I could just end up somewhere else. 

Sounds like renegotiation time because, as I know construction it is a tough enough job and is compounded up to many times by tight schedule. The stress can become too much and hard on your health bud.

Edited by JAG1

dripley    1,067
dripley
7 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Sounds like renegotiation time because, as I know construction it is a tough enough job and is compounded up to many times by tight schedule. The stress can become too much and hard on your health bud.

Tell me about it. 4 jobs ago I took over a Love's truck stop from a super that had a stroke. New to me client and job. Pretty tough but the county was good to deal with. Next job, took over a Discount tire as the 3rd super. The first 2 threw it in the trash can. That was 2.5 months of nothing but finding and solving problems. At least I had built one before. Then the last CFA in Durham NC, my home state. It was like nothing I had ever seen. The building was easy but the site work was unbelieveable. Three times as many inspections than the building. It took near 7 weeks to get the approvals for them to open. Just ridiculous. And now another CFA in Maryland with all the same requirements as the last one, except the building is going to be as tough as the site. If they do fast track it and agree to pay my subs overtime they all better agree that I will deserve something as well. We will see.  I will say that my company gave me a very nice bonus for Durham and a better than average bonus for the two previous jobs. So all was not lost from their view point. I have a very good employer.

JAG1    767
JAG1

Watch your health  I've seen a few super's than got ill from weight of job on their shoulders. I think it's a tough one.

Smoothest job I ever did was a high dollar home that I prayed a lot over. Things fell in place at unbelievable moments in the schedule. Even unplanned things worked for the benefit of completion. It was a real lesson on power of prayer.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 2

Mopar1973Man    3,659
Mopar1973Man

I'm going to do the smart thing... I've got a spot in Parma, Idaho I'm going to hide the RV at for the month of August. This is only about 15 miles from Ontario, OR and about 37miles from Catfish Junction. So you all can have your crowded RV park I'll go back and hide in a quiet spot in Parma, ID.

AH64ID    625
AH64ID

I have a feeling nothing will be quiet on the 21st :-)

Royal Squire    111
Royal Squire

My daughter is a 911 dispatcher and she tells me people do lots of weird stuff on a full moon, wonder what an eclipse will bring?

• Like 1

IBMobile    673
IBMobile

Mopar1973Man    3,642

Site Owner

Administrator

20,413 posts

Web Site URL

Facebook

YouTube

LinkedIn

New Meadows, Idaho

5 Vehicles

Posted June 18, 2016 · Report post

I'll be there... Who knows I might boondock it down the road from there. I found a few good spots for boondocking large areas for folks. There is one lot just west of Catfish Junction and then another just down the road about a mile if need be. All the times I've been to Catfish Junction the place always had a open slot. Never crowded... Might be for thatr event though...

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 9:07 AM, JAG1 said:

Now if we could just get Michael Nelson to stop scotch brightening his running gear for the weekends he could show up too!

What? I don't do such things...

Hide Mopar1973Man's signature

Hide all signatures

Other places to check out on Mopar1973Man.Com

Articles * Donations * Downloads * Garage * Calendar * Leaderboard * Member Map * Store * Support

15 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I'm going to do the smart thing... I've got a spot in Parma, Idaho I'm going to hide the RV at for the month of August. This is only about 15 miles from Ontario, OR and about 37miles from Catfish Junction. So you all can have your crowded RV park I'll go back and hide in a quiet spot in Parma, ID.

How things have changed. 

JAG1    767
JAG1

PM from Michael says he's driving the 37 miles to visit everyone at Catfish. Hopefully that means Moparmom will be there too.

Michael is in Parma to accommodate going back and forth for treatments for Moparmom is all .

Edited by JAG1

AH64ID    625
AH64ID

Hopefully the traffic isn't too bad. I expect the Weiser/Ontario area to be as bad as anywhere in the state due to the easy access to the path of totality. 

I'm already dreading the drive back from where I will be. 

JAG1    767
JAG1

I will be there before everyone. just look for black truck white camper :USflag:

JAG1    767
JAG1

I thought you said your coming by to meet up at some point?

JAG1    767
JAG1

I see what's going on then. I'm getting in a day early to rest up and possibly beat traffic is all.