• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel Site. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Cummins owners. We try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use.

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members
    • Member Garage where you can display your vehicles and modifications.
    • Download Files, documents, and tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
Me78569

Mopar73 Full Eclipse Meet and Greet Camp Trip Aug 18th Thru the 21st 2017

Enjoy the meet up, guys! I won't make it but sure wish i could. In my locale ill at least get a 90% eclipse. Fortunately ill get to experience it in the first place at all since i won't be at work yet. 

1 minute ago, Me78569 said:

here I am working.  

Ugh

Should of came to the event... Could of worked on fixing my Quadzilla misfire. :whistle:

7 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Should of came to the event... Could of worked on fixing my Quadzilla misfire. :whistle:

That would have made it too easy, I prefer to do things hte hard way;.

• Haha 1

Here are some more photos off my big camera so far... IBMobile's wonderful 5th wheel RV.

MoparMom (left) and IBMobile (rght)

DSCF4258.JPG

IBMobile Wife (Left), JAG1 (Center), MoparMom (Right)... Diesel (Down in front)...

DSCF4260.JPG

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 4

"The Heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky proclaims his handiwork." 

-Psalm 19:1.

Hope y'all have a good time. I'll try to catch a glimpse of it down here, but the above verse comes to mind.

• Like 4

Very strange to have the light fade away and get dark for just a brief moment and then reverse to getting brighter again. Happen really fast here in Parma, ID.

The 2 minutes of totality up in Garden Valley went by way too fast! 

It was quite awesome. Around 85-90% it got noticeably darker and cooler, shadows got fuzzy, and the crickets started their evening chirping routine. 

As the last 0.01% of sunlight faded it got dark quick and the coronoa appeared! We were able to see stars, most notably was Venus. 

What a great show!

• Like 2

Here in my area we saw it at 85% of totality, didn't get as dark as I imagined it would but it was an odd gray dimness that cast shadows through trees I had never seen before. My dogs and cat didn't act any different but the farm yard not far from my house has all sorts of birds and animals and they all started carrying on like they do at night just before roosting time. They started this at the very beginning and carried on until the end of it.

New Flash!!!

IBMobile isn't so Mobile any longer. He is currently stuck in Riggins, ID with a dead VP44 injection pump. I've got a VP44 ordered up for him and going to be heading back up there soon to take care of his downed truck. He's in an RV park and in safe hands for the moment. 

Perfect shot to break down near Michael Nelson and end up on the river.

It was a great time and very surreal to see the darkness with the sun so high. It was very hot there but the effect of the eclipse and the cool ocean kind of breeze it brought forth was amazing.

It was so good to see Mopar Mom, Michael, and Diesel Dog again:thumb1: and Dan and Jennifer where so very interesting to visit with for the 3 days. They made the stay wonderful and fun every moment.

Except I was bad when I knocked on their rv too early one morning:whistle:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

New Flash!!!

IBMobile isn't so Mobile any longer. He is currently stuck in Riggins, ID with a dead VP44 injection pump. I've got a VP44 ordered up for him and going to be heading back up there soon to take care of his downed truck. He's in an RV park and in safe hands for the moment. 

Not good news but great news that @IBMobile is in the good hands of @Mopar1973Man

I hope the repairs go smoothly.  

L8tr

D

• Thanks 1

VP44 causes of death:

-lack of fuel pressure

-lack of lubrication

-lack of filtration 

-AC noise

-Solar Eclipses???

Sorry to hear about the breakdown, but really couldn't have happened at a better time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@IBMobile did you get my txt of the invoice and tracking number?

@MoparMom has a surgery today and then dialysis tomorrow then we are hitching up and hauling home.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

The wifi connection is spotty here, sometimes it's strong then a bird flies by and it's gone.  I have the info and keeping track .  The best to MoparMom.  

11 hours ago, notlimah said:

Wow, original pump then @IBMobile??

It's the stock pump from the factory.   When I was getting ready for this trip I put a new spare tire on, a set of new spare hoses, a Timbos APP, ect and the only thing I was worried about was the VP44 and the ECM.  I even thought about getting a VP44 to bringing  along just incase .   Well as the saying goes about hindsight.       

• Like 2

Back up and running fresh VP44 installed... (Left Daniel - IBMobile, Middle MoparMom, Right Jennifer)  

20170825_124425_HDR.jpg

During the replacement phase...

20170825_122131_HDR.jpg

• Like 3

I'll admit. Daniel (IBMobile) and Jennifer are wonderful people. After spending the time installing his injection pump and working on his truck its been a pleasure spending time with Daniel and Jennifer. Of course, MoparMom and Jennifer went their own direction to enjoy conversation and IBMobile and I got busy getting at injection pump installed. I wish I could spend more time with them and show them more around the area I'm sure they would have enjoyed the experience. Maybe another time we can build another get-together camping trip where we all can enjoy some free time. 

Be safe Daniel and Jennifer and enjoy your vacation trip...

• Like 1

Yep they are the best kind of folks to be with. Most times they won't even let me contribute to the diner with foods but this time they finally did. Made me feel like a viable asset and not just an old hippey bum. :thumb1:

• Haha 1