• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Injector Pump Operation Vidoes

I found these videos very helpful for understanding the operation of different designs.

P-Pump

VE-Pump

Governor Operation:

This is not an automotive governor but instead a marine one.  On automotive governors it has basically the same thing, but the governor operates at all RPM's to help maintain speed when load is applied.

This one shows two types neither automotive.  The "Regulating Governor" is found on farm machinery and generators, where a constant RPM is desired without having to physically pushing the throttle further.

There are different versions of the rotary pump, does anyone know which the 1st gen VE's is, and which the VP44 is?

Anyone got any others?  Or more info to add, in other forms such a Words, Pictures or Links?

Edited by Cowboy
  • Like 4

I concur entirely.  That is why I posted this so other could share there favorite articles/videos/pictures.  And then I can assemble that into an article.  I used to be of the mind that just about anything is accessible via google.  However I have realized the art of googling was not bestowed upon everyone.  Anytime I watch a friend google I question humanity its self. lol

• Like 2