• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ABS and Brake lite stuck on

Beginning yesterday my abs and brake light in inst cluster are stuck on. Fuses are good. Is the problem still more than likely the speed sensor on rear axle, even if speedometer was working most of the time until late today when it seems to have quit completely. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated. 

• Owner

Also while the sensor is out to check the tone wheel for placement. One of members had a similar problem had a bearing fail in the differential and the tone ring shifted out of view of the sensor.

Be aware the sensor most likely will not come out without breaking. Make sure to spray plenty of PB blaster or WD-40 to help it but if the crude and mud is pack down there the o-ring will hang up. So carefully pry little pieces and break the off till you get the sensor body out. Been there, done that...:whistle:

• 1 month later...

Could not find a break in wire, checked plug at left front wheel and was clean as a whistle. So I decided to replace rear speed sensor. Got it out in one piece, used more patience than I'm used to. Struggled to get new sensor back in. Keep in mind it's been a couple weeks since I tried to find break in wire. Guess what I found after I had the sensor all installed 

image.jpeg

Never thought of that!! Need to set some traps. How big are tree rats? Maybe I could just electrify the whole truck and if any critters touch it....ZAP! Already had mice make a home in hood insulation. 

Maybe I'll just concentrate on repairing wires 

Nice to have speedometer and cruise working again and no lights on inst cluster. 

Wasnt an issue on this repair, but what is the best way to clean corroded or dirty wire, like a broken tail light wire so it can be soldered. Thanks as always for all the help. 

Just to throw this out there, the other day I noticed that my abs, brake light and air bag light was lit and no speedo. I have been having some issues with the switch being stiff lately and noticed I could remove the key after starting while the engine was running. i stopped and restarted the truck and thats when I noticed the switch was not returning all the way after releasing it so the next time it happened I manually returned the switch and the lights went out immediately. While I see yours is a wiring issue mine seems to be a worn out switch and key. 14+years on the one key has taken its toll. I started using my spare key which is new and and the issue seems to be gone now.