• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ABS and Brake lite stuck on

I have noticed the ABS and brake light randomly coming on in my truck.  Speedometer always works, cruise works too, but sometimes turns off. When the cruise shuts off, the ABS and brake don't come on. Is this a sign that me rear speed sensor is going out? I will check my wiring and connections.

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps he has the (KELSEY-HAYES EBC 2) 2 wheel drive ABS system.
I believe all wheel drive ABS system was optional in 99 year model of the truck.

Now this is all wheel drive ABS system:
Kelsey-Hayes EBC 325 Antilock Brake System (ABS
The EBC 325 system is a three channel, three sensor, four wheel antilock brake system. 

2013-01-02_23-01-18_619.jpg

Now this is slightly off topic but I was reverse engineering the CCD bus network for the past 6 months trying to develop my own Overhead Console (Message Center Display)  which is already capable of reading ABS codes and AirBag codes.

The idea is to develop overhead console (Message Center Display) with 3D printed case that is a direct replacement for the Dodge RAM OEM (Message Center Display) overhead console.
Of course the progress is very slow mainly because of the two kids on board, full-time job, it seems like life is always getting in the way ):

Here I got a short YouTube video preview:
Dodge RAM 99~02 Prototype overhead console message center display ABS testing.

https://youtu.be/yCJrg9OZzWE

Now before anyone asks, the instrument cluster and the PCM and ABS is actually from Dodge Durango 2000 scrap yard SUV.

Edited by Chris O.
  • Like 3

been through that one before I need to read the updates.  I am curious to hear about your project.  I am assuming the ccd bus protocol is the same in a jeep vs cummins?  

Edited by Me78569

CCD bus protocol is the same in all Chrysler vehicles from 1988 to about 2002.

Chrysler Collision Detection, CCD, was one of the first widely used vehicle-wide multiplexing protocols used in the US.
Introduced in 1988 on the Dodge Dynasty and Chrysler New Yorker, CCD was originally used for transmission controller to engine controller communications and data sharing.
Soon thereafter, body control functions were added to the CCD bus.

Usually the data is send in either 3 bytes, 4 bytes, 5 bytes or 6 bytes pockets.

The first byte is the ID byte,  then follows the data bytes and the last one is the (CRC) cyclic redundancy check byte.

The checksum byte is calulated by summing all the ID and Data Bytes.
256 is then subtracted from that sum. 
The subtraction will end once the checksum falls within 0-255 decimal range.

6 byte msg.example=(ID 12, DATA 112 107 129 69, CRC 173)

ID 12,DATA:Voltage, Oil, Coolant, Battery, CRC Checksum

The catch is the meaning of some ID and the remaining data various from module to module on each vehicle.

Edited by Chris O.
  • Like 1

On July 6, 2016 at 0:48 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

Mounted to the front wheel bearing. You have to remove the tire, caliper and rotor and right on top of the bearing is a sensor. One on each axle.

But i have brand bew bearings on both wheels. 

It's a 4x4. The plugs are pluged in good and tight etc. Light still on but i never messed with it at all.

• Owner

Like for example. I've got a reman'ed ABS module and tested on another vehicle works fine. Traded another module on to my truck and lights pop. So changed the front sensors 4 different times now. I know that I've got good sensors. My tone rings are creating the issue some how. Every time the ignition key is cycled off and back on it self resets and re-checks for errors. If errors are found then the light are set again. So basically you have to resolve the error.