• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2 stroke info.

Killer223

• Staff
8 hours ago, dripley said:

The bio will provide all the lubrication you need. It is as good or better than the 2 stroke. I do not run the 2 stroke in my 2nd gen if I am buying the bio blend.

Stickers on the pump are pretty well stuck on there, so how would you know if it will always be biofuel when regular diesel might be the only thing available for the next few tankers supplying that station for awhile?

49 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Stickers on the pump are pretty well stuck on there, so how would you know if it will always be biofuel when regular diesel might be the only thing available for the next few tankers supplying that station for awhile?

In the case of Loves they have seperate bio tanks and mix the 2 on site. The one l built several back ws set up that way. As for others I dont know. They could run out I guess. Many of the stickers say contains up a certain percentage, many say may contain a certain percentage. So its a bit of a crap shoot. But since the government still pays stations a subsidy for every gallon they sell, $.50 per gallon when I built the Loves, they have a very good incentive to use it. But when I am in doubt I just put some 2 stroke in. Always keep some in the truck.

• Like 1

• Staff

I try to keep 2 stroke on hand at all times for chainsaws anyway, just have to keep more on hand now. I looked at Walmart the last time I was there. Their 2 stroke went up, it's now $26/gallon. I'll have to check at my local farm stores and see what they are charging.

Also, I am not quiet familiar with some of the terms when it comes to diesel fuel content. What is the HFRR reference that I have seen on a few of the fuel threads? What does that stand for?

1 hour ago, Doubletrouble said:

I try to keep 2 stroke on hand at all times for chainsaws anyway, just have to keep more on hand now. I looked at Walmart the last time I was there. Their 2 stroke went up, it's now $26/gallon. I'll have to check at my local farm stores and see what they are charging.

Also, I am not quiet familiar with some of the terms when it comes to diesel fuel content. What is the HFRR reference that I have seen on a few of the fuel threads? What does that stand for?

It went up about $1 a gallon out my way but it is only $14 a gallon.

Edited by dripley

2 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

HFRR = High Frequency Reciprocating Rig.

2 stroke oil should be labeled TCW-3 which stands for two cycle water cooled, which I believe chain saw 2 stroke does not meet this criteria. It’s all about the ash content in the oil.

If shopping at Walmart, look in the sporting goods marine department and pick up some penzoil outboard 2 stroke oil, you can get it in quarts or gallon size, about $17.00 per gallon.  

• Owner

As long as the 2 cycle oil is ASHLESS your fine. 

I've used snowmobile oils, 2 cycle boat oil, etc. The biggest thing I look at is pour point. Like good quality snowmobile oil will got to -50*F for pour point. Even WalMart SuperTech will go down to -40*F. As long as it ashless your golden. Think about it at 50:1 in gasoline is enough to protect a chainsaw at 10,000 RPM  from melting down. This is why 128:1 was a good starting point for diesel application. CR engines need to go thinner at 200:1 ratio.