• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Owner

I just had to do it. Nick over there talking about his slide in camper so I hitch up and moved mine out from under the tree. Then started to clean up the inside from all winter of sitting. Lots of dead flies, and other little critters to clean up. Just to show off the mobile man cave. Nice and roomy with the slide out.

DSCF3599_phatch.jpg.6292e6c381d99950f8a3

Bring it back in well it's tight but you can still use it.

DSCF3602_phatch.jpg.f837ce2416785031b2ef

Full size queen bed not one of those short RV queen beds.

DSCF3596_phatch.jpg.e0340a8002702f957472

A better picture of the power cabinet with the inverter, solar controller, converter, fuse panel and breaker box.

DSCF3603_phatch.jpg.40a62a1c45d556f65f1c

So I'm on task for getting the RV ready for another season of camping. Damn you Nick its all your fault... :spank:

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Mine sits lonely in the driveway awaiting my attention. But i am still getting my per diem for it. Staying at the daughters house with the grand daughters and paying rent. But alas I am in her house under her rules. But on the bright side I am still Daddy and I dont get beat up by the rules for the most part anyway.

• Like 1

• Owner

No I hauled my tablet out to the RV for tunes. Then thought about the clips for the blinds and figured I would post the picture of the stereo. I had to pull it out to re-wire my propane detect again. Crappy scotch-loc's and Not sure if the propane alarm is any good. Do some testing on it.

I'm hunting for a quality blind clip that is made from softer plastic that is semi-flexible. I've got some white plastic clips that do exactly this. Then the clear ones you find every where are super brittle and easy to break just trying to release the blinds. Does anyone know of a good place to find these semi-flexible blind clips? Help! I really do hate to pull up blind before I travel or forget and find them all beat up fro swing wild.

• Staff

Mine were brittle, some broken when I first bought the camper in 03. I had the dealer change out the broken ones before I took delivery and they've been good ever since. Mine are clear plastic.

Mike I think it's good to get the brittle ones and have extras on hand. At least it won't be tearing out your wall and they'll just break off instead

• Owner

This is my 4th pair of clips now going for my 5th pair. I need actually 2 more pairs of clips. Rolled over in bed arm/hand hit the blind bottom rail and broken the clip. The other I turn in my chair and the back corner push on the blind. (snap). Had a friend sleeping on the couch on night same thing rolled over smacked the blinds and pop goes another. I shouldn't have to replace 2-4 clips every spring time. :(

• Staff
4 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

This is my 4th pair of clips now going for my 5th pair. I need actually 2 more pairs of clips. Rolled over in bed arm/hand hit the blind bottom rail and broken the clip. The other I turn in my chair and the back corner push on the blind. (snap). Had a friend sleeping on the couch on night same thing rolled over smacked the blinds and pop goes another. I shouldn't have to replace 2-4 clips every spring time. :(

How thick is the paneling? I think just keep replacing is better boss. have about 10 in a drawer.

• Owner

So I spent a better part of my day out in the RV. I mixed up a bucket of simple green and water and proceeded to wipe down the entire RV. Just about ready to start packing the stock of goods back in the RV. Making sure there is enough TP and tissue for blowing the beak in the morning. Scrubbed the stove and oven. Wiped down the fridge and freezer. Last thing will be flushing the anti-freeze out of the lines.

I normally don't use anti-freeze in the RV. Last fall the cold weather came so fast I just grabbed the pink stuff and pumped it in the system. I really hate using it. It will still freeze solid but they claim it doesn't expand. Only problem is if there is any water in the line it will expand.

• Staff

When I'm wiping my RV down I mix ammonia and water, about 16:1, in a spray bottle.  I use it on walls, mirrors, windows, stove, microwave, even clean the carpet with it. The Ammonia works well on cooking grease and dirt.  The best part is it leaves no residue so there is no need for rinsing.  I clean the fridge with bleach and water to take care of any mold that might want to pop up.

I'm lucky that I don't have to use that RV anti-freeze, sounds like a real pain.      

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

So I spent a better part of my day out in the RV. I mixed up a bucket of simple green and water and proceeded to wipe down the entire RV. Just about ready to start packing the stock of goods back in the RV. Making sure there is enough TP and tissue for blowing the beak in the morning. Scrubbed the stove and oven. Wiped down the fridge and freezer. Last thing will be flushing the anti-freeze out of the lines.

I normally don't use anti-freeze in the RV. Last fall the cold weather came so fast I just grabbed the pink stuff and pumped it in the system. I really hate using it. It will still freeze solid but they claim it doesn't expand. Only problem is if there is any water in the line it will expand.

It must have come on quick for me to hear your name and anti freeze in the water lines. I used it one winter and still smell it when I turn the hot water on. Goes away pretty quick though, but it was 4 or 5 years ago.

• Owner
32 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

When I'm wiping my RV down I mix ammonia and water, about 16:1, in a spray bottle.  I use it on walls, mirrors, windows, stove, microwave, even clean the carpet with it. The Ammonia works well on cooking grease and dirt.  The best part is it leaves no residue so there is no need for rinsing.  I clean the fridge with bleach and water to take care of any mold that might want to pop up.

I'm lucky that I don't have to use that RV anti-freeze, sounds like a real pain.      

I'll try that next time. Sounds like a awesome way to go for cleaning.

15 minutes ago, dripley said:

It must have come on quick for me to hear your name and anti freeze in the water lines. I used it one winter and still smell it when I turn the hot water on. Goes away pretty quick though, but it was 4 or 5 years ago.

Yeah it was poor planning on my part and then get word of a sudden shift in weather so I drain it out and pumped it up. Takes exactly 1 gallon to load my system with pink antifreeze.