• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Morning Pic For Today...........Post A Pic around your place.....

JAG1

17 hours ago, Ben said:

@JAG1 This is a telehandler. FB1964E3-8B31-4E8E-963D-EDB83C0F6AE5.jpeg.1fc3bad216af9e6f3a806fed1d3bca95.jpeg

It has 4 wheel steer, the arm booms in/out and goes up and down. Front attachment tilts up/down. 

D3E9429C-9922-4538-948F-F5D748704A6D.jpeg.cccfc592fbde63f2b51af5e6278c64d3.jpeg

The old one that was quite a bit smaller. Very handy.  I’ve taken many bucket rides in that one for up in the air jobs and I’ve pushed a lot lot of snow with it. 

Truck is in the air. Time for fun to begin. 

5D5FB12E-2863-44F7-AB83-9775442EDA9C.jpeg.506fcc8922651827385b32e3f30455ac.jpeg

That’s a beautiful truck man! Wish so bad I could keep mine inside! 

9 hours ago, Ben said:

I agree. 

I am beyond extremely fortunate and spoiled. 

The underside of the truck needs Jesus and a bath.

Just because it was purchased in Nevada doesn't mean it's not a straight up MN truck which I have learned.

Once I had it airborne and was swearing to the dog and cat I realized that I always fall victim to the assumption that people take care of their "stuff" like I do. WRONG. 

You could eat off of the underside of my 01.5 when I sold it in 2010. The buyer was floored when he was rooting around underneath. 

Oh well. Make lemonade out of lemons time.

How did you keep the underside so clean? 

41 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

That’s a beautiful truck man! Wish so bad I could keep mine inside! 

How did you keep the underside so clean? 

Lots and lots of power washing the underside in the winter. It quit being my daily driver in 2007 so that helped also.

• Like 2

• Staff

Good to also spray a puddle of oil down inside the bottom of the doors. Just spray up inside thru the vent holes in the door lip at the bottom. I do this every once in awhile since they tend to rust from the inside.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Good to also spray a puddle of oil down inside the bottom of the doors. Just spray up inside thru the vent holes in the door lip at the bottom. I do this every once in awhile since they tend to rust from the inside.

Yep.  I use chain lube. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Ben, the chain lube comes in spray form then right?

Yes. 

It's for dirt bike chains.

eta: 5 more rattle cans down.  Made it to end of fuel tank as of 6pm. 

Edited by Ben
  • Thanks 1

Last night my neighbor was underside with me checking things out and he pointed something out that I never even knew were there. 

There are plugs on the inside of the rockers!! Holy revelation for me batman!!

He said once we get all this fixed up, you pull those plugs and load it up with chain lube like the door. 

I'll post a picture in this post later. 

18 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

That's a pretty cool attachment. Like an oversize airbrush. I'm going to have to keep an eye out for one. 

Neighbor has a rust catalyst for body work that turns it into nickel I believe. 

Just spray it on. 

I am going to give that a try tonight or tomorrow on some areas. 

Down side is you need to respirator up along with the exhaust fan going. 

I have only needed the exhaust fan for the rattle canning. With it running and a door cracked the shop temp will dump 5 degrees yesterday.

Still painting. :ahhh:FA435ACC-0607-46E2-8DE9-3B2FBFEDDC1F.jpeg.8798ea9f574e81dc0db214ffa2322045.jpeg

Eta-

reason for picture was girlfriend texted wondering what I was doing

picture is worth 1000 words. 

2nd edit.  8 more cans since 4.  I’m outta paint....again.  

At least end is in sight.  It’s pretty much all covered.  

Pick up more paint tomorrow. 

Those of you with stock in rustoleum...,. You’re welcome. 

Edited by Ben
  • Haha 2

I'm done.

4 more cans. I just said F- it I'm done. I'm tired.  It's all covered I think.

I asked the neighbor to root around in it in the morning when he goes out to the shop. 

The whole second pair of eyes deal. 

Got the steering stabilizer today and rest of parts start rolling in tomorrow. 

• 2 weeks later...

Got the fleet moved up to their proper parking spots. 

Although jeep gets shoe horned around in the shop once I drop the top. 

Subaru daily driver, the toy, new truck. 

69554648-849C-4F27-9D83-68BB8B9229CD.jpeg.1471a4776dd3a35b6833a5823cf4fc4a.jpeg

I took the truck to the gym this morning then the fleet store. 

Old fart got a lot of stares there. Lol

Edited by Ben
  • Like 1

Went in the mountains today with a buddy to shoot clays. Took the pup with to introduce him to guns. He isn’t gun shy at all! He was so excited he wanted to chase the clays downrange. A56F6DC9-56C1-4D43-A998-4A17E09A0DD7.jpeg.3eea1bdd52b1d0705ebc03b461750256.jpeg

(we took my buddy’s truck)

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, trreed said:

Went in the mountains today with a buddy to shoot clays. Took the pup with to introduce him to guns. He isn’t gun shy at all! He was so excited he wanted to chase the clays downrange. A56F6DC9-56C1-4D43-A998-4A17E09A0DD7.jpeg.3eea1bdd52b1d0705ebc03b461750256.jpeg

(we took my buddy’s truck)

It was nice day today for sure! We still need to meet up one of these weekends. 

• Like 1

Shoot I won't be back up until the 25th.  I would definitely be up for shooting clays. My uncle and I just  tuned up his thrower a couple weeks ago. Let's see how the weather and work looks when I get back.