• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Morning Pic For Today...........Post A Pic around your place.....

JAG1

4 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Yeah. Then for the guy that doesn't have a ton of spare chains you can still do it but don't let the saw eat too fast by pushing. Just let it noodle at the rate the engine can go keeping the RPM's up. 

Yeah I know. But when there is a old stack that need finish splitting and the split stuff picked pu and stacked. At the same time take care of the truck and the maintenance. Then 3 days a week driving. In my spare time admin at least two web servers.

Naw, I've got lots of spare time... :duh:

No. 

Bald wood is dry and hard as heck. 

I have had full chisel skip off of the round as I was trying to lay the saw in to noodle it. My 7900's have ripped the teeth off full chisel chains on hard stuff. 

Aggressive semi chisel is where it is at. 

Try having 25 cords cut/split for heating 10,000 square feet every season. By yourself and split by hand. That was the routine until we had a wood processor show up last year.

We are all busy and low on spare time. 

• Owner
2 minutes ago, Ben said:

Try having 25 cords cut/split for heating 10,000 square feet every season

I used to be strictly wood heat. I use to bring in 10-12 cord and hand split every bit of it. Now with MoparMom with dialysis, I spent the money for the modular heat pump system. Being I've got to run here to dialysis treatments every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. The houses won't stay very warm with wood if you're not there. That's why I can get away with so little now. Being I only burn in the dead of winter and when we are home the rest of the time the heat pump is covering the house at a cool 68*F or so. 

The guest house and shop I've still only got wood heat down there but I can heat the living quarters with oil radiator heater on low keeping the room temp around 40-45*F max. Shop I'll fire up that stove if I'm planning on being in the shop for some time. Other than that I break out the portable propane heater for that quick heat. 

I was a saw running fool at times. 

DSCF5760.JPG

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I used to be strictly wood heat. I use to bring in 10-12 cord and hand split every bit of it. Now with MoparMom with dialysis, I spent the money for the modular heat pump system. Being I've got to run here to dialysis treatments every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. The houses won't stay very warm with wood if you're not there. That's why I can get away with so little now. Being I only burn in the dead of winter and when we are home the rest of the time the heat pump is covering the house at a cool 68*F or so. 

The guest house and shop I've still only got wood heat down there but I can heat the living quarters with oil radiator heater on low keeping the room temp around 40-45*F max. Shop I'll fire up that stove if I'm planning on being in the shop for some time. Other than that I break out the portable propane heater for that quick heat. 

DSCF5760.JPG

Wowsers, that looks like a lot of work right there.  Love the gas pump :-)

52 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

DSCF5760.JPG

I know the feeling.  

0955EB30-4201-4B7C-90C8-CF367DF0B2F6.jpeg.ae98abc252762b78a0219519e77073e7.jpeg

• Staff

Glad to see you getting this done early in the game. Could be a real bruiser this winter as we have not had one for awhile.

Just knowing enough wood is in makes you feel warm and fuzzy. I was buying my wood when doing overtime but dog gone.... even the neighborhood wood cutters shorted the loads of a full cord both times I had them deliver.

Edited by JAG1

• Owner
9 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

I was buying my wood when doing overtime but dog gone.... even the neighborhood wood cutters shorted the loads of a full cord both times I had them deliver.

Fact. Always buy firewood unsplit. There is more wood in an unsplit round than split firewood load. Most of the guys out here that cheat people deliver split firewood. That is one thing I like about my trailer. If you reach 3-foot tall pile you are at 252 cubic feet (just barely under 2 cords) 3 x 7 x 12 = 252 cubic feet. 2 Cords is 256 cubic feet. Then when you stack the split firewood you'll end up with typically a bit more than whatever amount of cords you bought. 

20180616_184608.jpg

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Thanks 1

On 6/23/2018 at 12:16 PM, JAG1 said:

I'm not perfect either but I'm also not so hateful nor evil as what I saw yesterday. They were fast, skilled at trying to make me rear end them and in the lane next to me a blocker so I could not merge out of their way. Keep in mind I was going a good merge speed to zipper my merge perfectly. with no one in front of me in the on ramp.

Its funny I also got the feeling that someone or something was going to try to harm me in some way or sue me. Something was telling me to be careful. I thank God.

There are people that scam you on insurance, they pull in front of you and slam brakes then let go just when you think it's over and let your guard down in few seconds they slam brakes again and you end up rearending them. It's on YouTube look for insurance scam drivers, that's why I have a dash camera now for passed few years, I actually had someone trying something similar on me but when they seen my Dashcam they speeded up and took next exit.

On 6/24/2018 at 3:46 PM, trreed said:

It had just passed actually.  Headed towards Nebraska.  Missed Sterling with golf ball sized hail.

My car has nice dents now from this a few weeks back20180514_071028.jpg.b1483aadab85fd8de1077c19fc3c1252.jpg

• Like 2

• Staff

Thanks DieselFuture, I know these guys were doing that also. Three of them working together. The one alongside was to be the witness I suppose. One car cut in front of me just touches the brake lights and another with almost no room cuts in between us and hits the brakes harder. I know it was a scam because it was clear in front for at least a Quarter mile and could get going. All this while I was on an on ramp going merge speed of the traffic in the first freeway lane.

6 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Thanks DieselFuture, I know these guys were doing that also. Three of them working together. The one alongside was to be the witness I suppose. One car cut in front of me just touches the brake lights and another with almost no room cuts in between us and hits the brakes harder. I know it was a scam because it was clear in front for at least a Quarter mile and could get going. All this while I was on an on ramp going merge speed of the traffic in the first freeway lane.

Sad but true. I have a nice 1/4" bumper and a dash camera plus a :gun: incase they get stupid. I've been in these situations more than once, I now don't take chances and will push them off the road if they try this trick again. But you will have to use a good discernment to be sure it's not a woman driver that is lost, oh snap .... Lots of apologies in advance no sex discrimination intended :surrender:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

A couple of us members meet up in May and again in October for a for coffee, campfire and b.s.ing for a few days each trip. All members are welcome. In the eastern Sierra Mts., its a nice place with showers. All members welcome.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

A couple of us members meet up in May and again in October for a for coffee, campfire and b.s.ing for a few days each trip. All members are welcome. In the eastern Sierra Mts., its a nice place with showers. All members welcome.

Sounds fun. What part of he Eastern Sierras?

• Staff
6 hours ago, leety said:

Sounds fun. What part of he Eastern Sierras?

Annetts' Mono Viilage 14 miles East of Bridgeport, always before school gets out and always after schools back in session. I hope this fall our trip for October will be the later part of October. Cool nites and nice days. Trying to talk IBMobile into this as we speak.:pray::thumb1:

• Like 1

• Staff
1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

I hope this fall our trip for October will be the later part of October.

It looks like people will start getting there on October 4,  and staying till the 12.

1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

Trying to talk IBMobile into this as we speak.:pray::thumb1:

We're thinking about going up to @JAG1house and camp in his driveway for a few days before going by way of back roads to Mono Village.  

IMG_3610.JPG.4b58b9cce8534e9ba3c890fa846fcb7a.JPG

This is our group from last May with JAG1's camper in the background 

• Like 1