• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Morning Pic For Today...........Post A Pic around your place.....

JAG1

• Staff
4 hours ago, Me78569 said:

we don't have many lions here, there are a few black bears,   had one this spring, but they are pretty timid.   Just yell at them and they run away.

Interesting how other areas can differ. Like where I like to stop overnight there are so many Cougar you have to be careful about hiking anywhere and bears are very rare to see there.

11 hours ago, Me78569 said:

we don't have many lions here, there are a few black bears,   had one this spring, but they are pretty timid.   Just yell at them and they run away.

Same thing I do when I see someone digging through my trash can on dump day. 

• Staff

Just looking at tree rings this morning on my firewood, I noticed a change in climate every 11-13 years. Rings all the same characteristics, color, distance apart for 11-13 years and then a noticeable change to different ring types all the same for another 11-13 years. I'm hoping these fire seasons stop soon. We have forest land and last year had to evacuate with burning leaves floating across in 45 mph gusts. It was scary on the phone with the insurance company getting ready to evacuate with fires all around and almost uncontrollable conditions.

Edited by JAG1
  • Sad 1

• Staff
11 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

@JAG1 that's not a good situation at all. In our area forest fires aren't really a threat. I couldn't imagine dealing with that. Very scary.

Yes it was, then adding to the problem was the looters coming in together with arsonists in which only 4 were caught in our county. I disobeyed the evac order and went home to guard our place and others. I loaded up the guns and was closed up in one room with hepa filter, ready with the truck facing out and keys in the ignition. I made it look like no one was home with both other vehicles gone and all quiet. 

• Staff

One fire coming our direction was put out 7 miles away while it was heading into the same timber land we border. Another just 3 miles, was arson and put out quickly. I never saw in 43 yrs the amount of dry tinder everywhere. As we drove out you could see leaves on the underbrush just curling, drying up from the hot dry winds. The next day signs everywhere saying looters and arsonists will be shot. Neighbors calling making plans to band together to get these bad guys. None of the plans involved calling 911 as police/ everybody was already beyond what they could handle. 

It's good to have neighbors you can trust. :thumb1:

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...