• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Morning Pic For Today...........Post A Pic around your place.....

JAG1

41 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

How far was the drive for you 

Just over 1000 miles. Only made it twice, once out and once back. You got to fly home on those jobs. Did another in Sioux City after that one.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Dripley, do a lot of your Subs follow you to each job? I'm wondering because its tough to get contractors now. I know it would be a tough one around here anyway.

In certain areas yes. You can only travel them so far. That one in West Des Moines were all new subs to us and CFA. It was a very tough build. I had a very hard time convincing people that I did know what CFA likes and excepts. Unfortunately that comes with working in 35 states, some places we dont have a great sub base. With the economy cranking like it is we struggle to find good ones at times. Our reputation helps, we actually pay people on time. Put a draw in on the 20th and we normally pay by the 10th of following month. No 30 to 60 days for your first draw.

• Staff

CFA is a good company. You always hear good things about them.

AT&T took 90 days to pay me on a small bridge restructure. They signed my contract that stated I was to be paid within 30 days too.

24 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

CFA is a good company. You always hear good things about them.

AT&T took 90 days to pay me on a small bridge restructure. They signed my contract that stated I was to be paid within 30 days too.

http://www.whbass.com/w-h-bass-named-nations-leading-restaurant-builder/

I was actually speaking of W H Bass the company that I work for. CFA is no slouch either and them payingmthere Bill's on time make it possible for us to pay ours on time. Makes for a happy work place for all us, especially the subs. As much credit as Imtake for building successful jobs, I could not do it with out them.

I know some small guys we use get paid from week to week, there is no way they could a hit like you did with AT&T. It is just ridiculous to have to wait that long for your money.

• Owner

Does someone want to unload this heavy trailer? All nothing but Ponderosa Pine rounds. Remember my trailer is 7 foot wide and 12 foot long. Top of the rail is 33 inches. Sad part is these are wet. That was only 1/3 of the tree the other 2/3 is still on the mountain.

20180616_184608.jpg

Edited by Mopar1973Man

3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Does someone want to unload this heavy trailer? All nothing but Ponderosa Pine rounds. Remember my trailer is 7 foot wide and 12 foot long. Top of the rail is 33 inches. Sad part is these are wet. That was only 1/3 of the tree the other 2/3 is still on the mountain.

20180616_184608.jpg

I will be right there.20180622_130948.jpg.f4cace2c06530d91897ca27c975e5824.jpg

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Looks like it will be a while, everyone is stopping. Must be some very safe drivers up ahead 

It was one of those wrecks you never see, gone before you get. 8 miles 30 minutes. Thank goodness for granny gear, save a slot of ware and  tear on the clutch leg.

• Haha 1

• Staff

Are you guys getting this new generation of brainless drivers? Man I tell ya, its like you don't even want to go to town anymore. Really though, brainless ain't the word... more like evil antagonistic drivers. And I notice it's the young people. They so deliberate about their way, it like the only thing worse would be to purposefully hit you.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Are you guys getting this new generation of brainless drivers? Man I tell ya, its like you don't even want to go to town anymore. Really though, brainless ain't the word... more like evil antagonistic drivers. And I notice it's the young people. They so deliberate about their way, it like the only thing worse would be to purposefully hit you.

Cell phones and left lane riders are my biggest peeves. The former mostly youth, the latter covers all ages. Ran across lot of the latter on this trip home.

• Staff
45 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

And I notice it's the young people. They so deliberate about their way, it like the only thing worse would be to purposefully hit you.

It's a snowflake entitlement mentality.  "I'm in a hurry".  "You're in may way", "Don't inconvenience me",  "My time is more important than your time".     It's worse at night and the weekends when they're not in school or work.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I know this all so well. Trust me there is there fair share of bonehead drivers out there. Ive pulled a few bonehead moves too. 

Humility...  A rare characteristic found in humanity today. :thumb1:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I know this all so well. Trust me there is there fair share of bonehead drivers out there. Ive pulled a few bonehead moves too. 

When it comes to driving on public roads, I live in the highest concentration of self centered, free range, idiots in the country.  The majority of people in the greater Los Angeles area have no clue how to drive.  And just when you think it's bad enough, on those rare days, when it rains all bets are off.  The dumbest become even dumber in the rain.

Edited by leety
  • Like 1

• Staff

I'm not perfect either but I'm also not so hateful nor evil as what I saw yesterday. They were fast, skilled at trying to make me rear end them and in the lane next to me a blocker so I could not merge out of their way. Keep in mind I was going a good merge speed to zipper my merge perfectly. with no one in front of me in the on ramp.

Its funny I also got the feeling that someone or something was going to try to harm me in some way or sue me. Something was telling me to be careful. I thank God.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

The left lane riders get me the most. Just content to ride barely passing or not at all with the right lane open. But they all seem to need to speed up when you go to pass them on the right. Funny part is after I pass them and settle back around 75 or a bit more, I drive away from them with ease. Some of those passes would qualify as my bone head moves.

The state of Virginia started writing tickets for people riding in left lane and blocking traffic.

• Like 2