• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

another auto trans acting up. what might it be

hi everyone thanks for taking some time to read this.. 

I was driving home today on the freeway thinking how nice my truck was running. I got into town left the shop light and the truck stayed in first gear. I let off the throttle and it shifted into second. It held second gear until I let off again. 

I have a converter lockup switch and the shift relay pulled and jumped. It's been this way for years. Now this happened...

Another note I have 2 old optima batteries that are having a hard time starting the truck when it's cold in the morning.  

I'm open to hear  theories ideas ect. 

Thanks again

• Owner

Weak batteries will cause problems on the PCM possibly an alternator noise issue.

As for the linkage just check quick to be sure the throttle bellcrank and the transmission key down arm are moving at the same time. You should barely be able to see the transmission arm while moving the throttle bellcrank. They should move together at the exact same time.