• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Big shout out to BBHD

Me78569

I wanted to give a Big shout out to BBHD.  Thanks a ton for the BHAF,  the truck screams not, well not faster, but it sure sounds good in the cab!

You're a real standup guy, let me know the next time you are coming through and I will get you lunch or a beer or whatever.  

Nick

• Like 1

• Staff

The makers of these oiled filters don't tell consumers the problems they can produce.  The oil that comes off the filter can coat the sensors and cause erroneous readings.  These readings will diminish power and fuel economy, increase tail pipe emissions and cause poor drivability to the point the engine will not stay running.  These problems readily occur not so much in the diesel engine but in vehicles with air mass meters.    

• Like 1

My 96 with a V10 had a K&N and the motor dropped a valve at 145k. I dont know whether that caused it or not, I had to trade it and get another truck right away.

That truck pulled my trailer really good. But you could not pull past a gas station. 4.5 mpg towing and about 12 mpg empty. I am glad gas was only  a buck a gallon back then.