• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

1693 with 0500 code

So from my research I've done so far, the 1693 code is just a code thrown, letting you know that there is a code present on one of the other computers right?

The 0500 code is a speed sensor and ABS issue, short version, the pcm(?) can't tell why or thinks that front and rear wheels are spinning at different speeds. The CEL only shows up when my key is turned on and the WTS light is on. Once the engine is running, the CEL is not back lit and the truck seems to run fine. Occasionally, I'll have first gear run a little longer then it seems it should, and I have a weird lock up thing happen in between 3rd lock up and 4th. I can expand on those if need be.

Other possible factors to cause this are the hypertech tuner that the PO had installed. I turned off the tune but did let it correct the speedo for the bigger tires. Could that be the reason its throwing the code? And why it's only showing the code during start up? Or should I just go out and get a new speedo sensor and see if that clears the code and fixes the problem

I am curious by what you mean by it only pops while waiting to start the truck? The check engine light always comes on when starting the engine code or no codes. It is just part of the normal starting process.

As far as the tranny, it is out of my league.

I mean, typically what I've always seen was, turn key, WTS comes up along with all other dash lights, then eventually they all extinguish. Well that's what's happening except the CEL still stays on until I turn the key and start the truck, then the CEL is gone. Unless I'm remembering things wrong, but I didn't think the CEL would stay on until the engine was cranked. I thought it would go out with all the other dash lights if there were no codes.

What I am trying to say is if you have code set it is there. The cel just comes on at key on as a system check, not necessarily because you have an issue. Some codes will not trip the CEL, most will. The ones that do trip the CEL will cause it to stay on after engine start, like my apps code, P222. Just because you see the CEL at start does not mean you have a problem. Dont over think it.

Alright will do. For now, it doesn't seem to be causing issues, it was just something I noticed when scanning the truck at start up. Maybe it just hasn't had enough key cycles to clear itself and it will go away soon enough? :shrug:

I'll update as necessary

Hey Mike, saw this pic you posted in the article regarding the 0500 code

cab-fuses.jpg.de0222dce3fa7c1fce5adc5519

Should I check that fuse? Or pull it and that would reset the CEL that's being thrown? Was just trying to figure out what the pic was for in relation to the write up.