• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Grease guns

notlimah

What grease guns are you guys using? I need one but don't know if I should just get the cheapy one from walmart or if it'd be worth shelling out a bit more for something higher quality. I've heard of horror stories about people trying to grease some of the fittings on these trucks.

Bah, don't tell me that! When I bought this truck I was half tempted to sell the tool box that came with it, but now it's sorta grown on me and I've been thinking that exact same thing! What if I need to help someone out?! I can just keep all that stuff back here!

Yea, great idea! :spend::spend::spend:

4 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Not a good sign to have to keep tools, grease guns and supplies in the truck. :whistle:

Think of it like shaking voodoo chicken bones at the truck.  If I dont have basic tools, it will break!

• Like 1

• Owner
1 hour ago, CSM said:

Think of it like shaking voodoo chicken bones at the truck.  If I dont have basic tools, it will break!

:lmao: I carry tools in my truck for all the other broken trucks on the road. Like my truck is parked in the shop with rear driveshaft removed because it didn't feel right on my last long trip. Now it going to get fixed this week. I don't let things that don't feel right or look right stay I get after the problem quickly. So I'm not one of these guys that carry extra lift pump, VP44, and tools in the truck. :nono:

Also that why your MPG is lower hauling around a big tool box full of your Voodoo chicken bone tools. :lmao:

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CSM said:

I have said it time and time again, the only way to keep your truck from breaking down is the use FEAR.  bring just enough tools with you to fix it, but damage something else in the process.  

Nothing scares a truck straight like the threat of "disfiguring" it in process of making it do more work.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Not a good sign to have to keep tools, grease guns and supplies in the truck. :whistle:

When you're likely pushing over 600hp.... it's a good idea to have lots of tools. RUN IT ON THE EDGE OF DESTROYING ITSELF. That's how I keep mine scared straight :lol: 

1 hour ago, Buzzinhalfdozen said:

I'm convinced mine's a female. It's sweet to me most of the time and about once a month the fangs come out it hates me for a few days until I throw handfuls of cash at it. 

:lmao:

I just like the idea of being able to help people out if they were to need it, so that's what my toolbox is being used for. Although, once I get line-x or something, the tool box might get the boot, we'll see.

I use an air Greese gun for the work truck, it takes about 3 tubes of Greese to do truck and trailer 6 axles.  It gets greesed every 3000 miles so I order Greese tubes by the case.

For as few as Greese zirks these trucks have, a cheap harbor freight or wal mart would do just fine.  Just make sure you get a flex hose and extra tip. And grind the tip a little to get into the tight places. And use a quality Greese like the red stuff or the blue marine Greese. That stuff goes on and sticks

• Like 2