• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

High + Up & down RPM @ start up.

Hello every one yes It's me again!!

I have a weird Idling @ start up any time regardless of weather temperature and effecting battery amps. after getting warm abut 160 or 165 no up & down but still high rpm Please tell me what is going on? 

Is there any way I can post the video more than 24.82mb so you can see Exactly what I mean? my video is larger than we allowed.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll be honest, I didn't see anything wrong in that video. Pretty sure mine idles at the 850 mark in PARK and 800 in DRIVE. Ideally you want between 800-850 but it looks like your at 900 with one drop into the 850 range. I don't see anything wrong here though. :think:

21 hours ago, notlimah said:

I don't see anything wrong here though. :think:

Thank You. did you see the light going lite & bright ? when idles like that somethings uses battery voltage. as long as engine warmed up idles on 900 at park & 700 at drive. there is 2 video, 1 shoes idle & out side temp, other shoes idle & interiors light. look to (my ram 2500 weird idling part #2) video. 

Edited by Sam53

If the lights are going bright and dim on cold start up, that is just the grid heaters cycling on and off heating the in take air. They draw a lot of power. i have to agree every thing looked pretty normal. Mine used to idle just above 850 until I put RV275 injectors in. The idle then dropped to 800 for some reason. Been like that for 6 years or so.

• Like 1

Thank You so much now it makes sense. I have to stop been worried and Appreciate every one how helped me for my idling problem so I'm going to closed this topic and start fixing the other parts for this old beauty. 

• Like 1