• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Well after a month of running with her I like it a lot more but the truck does not like to idle around or take it easy getting on the high way and such it wants to go if I keep it under 10 psi getting on the highway I spike 1050 ish egt if I get on her and get it up to speed 20 ish psi never go's over 1000 but the truck wants to fly so I guess that's what I get when it really shines is over 25 psi man lt really go's I figure I'm at the limit of a vp 44 on fuel single tuebo now next step is compounds I guess or water meth 

You have a lot of research to do....

There's no way you're going to push anywhere near 600 on a "modified" 63mm turbo. 

7x.012 will match the vp44's capability to flow fuel. I went with 7x.013 to make sure I got every drop out of the vp, but I don't think it netted me any power. That said, even when mine is warm idling I can smell the raw fuel coming out the pipe, and in the right light it hazes a bit. Step up to 7x.014 or 7x.016 and it'll be horrible to drive anywhere. Maybe you won't mind, but others will. 

Do lots of research on what you want, but I don't think you'll want that big of injectors. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TFaoro said:

You have a lot of research to do....

There's no way you're going to push anywhere near 600 on a "modified" 63mm turbo. 

7x.012 will match the vp44's capability to flow fuel. I went with 7x.013 to make sure I got every drop out of the vp, but I don't think it netted me any power. That said, even when mine is warm idling I can smell the raw fuel coming out the pipe, and in the right light it hazes a bit. Step up to 7x.014 or 7x.016 and it'll be horrible to drive anywhere. Maybe you won't mind, but others will. 

Do lots of research on what you want, but I don't think you'll want that big of injectors. 

I'm actually thinking daps 7x 12s

In the meantime, your truck will run bad and hideously smoky with 13s or 12s. Ive ridden in tfaoros truck, and his injectors are big for it. 

Injectors are cheap.  Buy the right ones for now or do turbo, injectors, and tuning at once.  If you can't now, then save for it.  If you buy the wrong ones you wont be happy... unless you want to impersonate a coal train everywhere you go and like high EGTs and bad mileage.  You have had several good options here for combos, pick one or tell us exactly what you want to build.  It is tough and frustrating to be unable to help without that info.

If you just want to experiment and swap parts... then go for it, but keep your old injectors to swap back to.  

Edited by CSM
  • Like 1

Mike,

time for you to ride in Tfaoros truck again.   At least in mine so I can show you the tuning difference that is possible.  I don't wanna say it is a brave new world, but it is close haha

Edited by Me78569
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Mike,

time for you to ride in Tfaoros truck again.   At least in mine so I can show you the tuning difference that is possible.  I don't wanna say it is a brave new world, but it is close haha

:lol:  he has no idea! To me, it is a whole new world

Well from wat dap told me about my injectors I already have 7x13s that would explain a few things and Im going to try quadzilla adrenaline soon I wanna be able to custom tune things I want a powerful truck that I can hook to a trailer as big as I want so I need compounds plane and simple unless quad makes amazing leaps and bounds I'm not impressed with edge 

1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

11 minutes ago, Silverdodge said:

Well from wat dap told me about my injectors I already have 7x13s that would explain a few things and Im going to try quadzilla adrenaline soon I wanna be able to custom tune things I want a powerful truck that I can hook to a trailer as big as I want so I need compounds plane and simple unless quad makes amazing leaps and bounds I'm not impressed with edge 

How did they gather you have 7x.013 already? If that's the case you should be able to push 1300+ deg on stock tuning. Not sure how they would know what ddp has though. Can you tow at all how it is? 

2 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

How did they gather you have 7x.013 already? If that's the case you should be able to push 1300+ deg on stock tuning. Not sure how they would know what ddp has though. Can you tow at all how it is? 

I can hit 13 14 pretty easy and I called them and told him what injectors they were and serial number 

Never tried towing anything heaver then 2 rzrs on a car trailer and the Lil super b I had ran hot 13 14 up Hill no matter the tuning never tried with my 63 yet 

7 minutes ago, Silverdodge said:

Never tried towing anything heaver then 2 rzrs on a car trailer and the Lil super b I had ran hot 13 14 up Hill no matter the tuning never tried with my 63 yet 

U guys gotta remember the truck was built to be a pull truck by previous owner internals I got no idea on 

I've never heard of someone being able to identify injectors off of a serial number. Most are just Bosch nozzles that have been honed larger, rendering the numbers useless without actually measuring the flow rate or hole count and size. 

Usually 7x.013 are classified as 300s :thumbup2:

8 minutes ago, Silverdodge said:

Not argueing with u I bought a custom truck such is life lmao but I probably shouldn't try to hook 30000 lb behind it like this

No arguing here, just seeing where and how information was gathered. 

More air needed either way!