• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Lift Pump Delay

8 minutes ago, dripley said:

i dont know of any new ones being available any more. Even the one that I got near 5 years ago was a reman from Cummins. It cost me $1400 with programing and install. At the dealer then they were well over $2000. 

From what I've read, that seems to bee accurate.

I need to get a meter that reads low enough AC voltage so I can check for AC noise. That could be the root of this problem.

1 hour ago, dripley said:

i dont know of any new ones being available any more. Even the one that I got near 5 years ago was a reman from Cummins. It cost me $1400 with programing and install. At the dealer then they were well over $2000. 

Yikes!

1 hour ago, Texas CTD said:

From what I've read, that seems to bee accurate.

I need to get a meter that reads low enough AC voltage so I can check for AC noise. That could be the root of this problem.

Very well could be!

• Owner

As far as I know there is no more new ECM everything from this point forward is remanufactured. As for the lift pump delay, Wait to start delay, and VP44 power up delay are caused from memory errors in the ECM and difficulty to boot the software at key on. This failure is typically caused from excessive AC noise created by bad diodes in the alternator. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

As far as I know there is no more new ECM everything from this point forward is remanufactured. As for the lift pump delay, Wait to start delay, and VP44 power up delay are caused from memory errors in the ECM and difficulty to boot the software at key on. This failure is typically caused from excessive AC noise created by bad diodes in the alternator. 

May I add, not only diodes but also brushes and what they ride on. I rebuild my alternator and it got better but only after I changed brushes and I belive armature, only then my vac went down to an exepteable level. 

6 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Any chance a reflash could cure it?

• Owner

The flash isn't the problem... Is the actual RAM tied to the CPU during booting stage of the ECM the checksum keeps failing. So it calls to reboot again and again till the RAM checksum matches. So the flash is fine just got damaged memory on the circuit board. 

If the flash was bad then it would never start period because the checksum would fail 100% of the time. The ECM would never come online because it would never boot. 

This why even normal PC's have issues with dirty power it causes damage to memory and CPU's. Same here in the ECM. Big square is the CPU, the two smaller chip on the bottom if I'm not mistaken is the RAM.

2012-08-10_17-21-26_119.jpg

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 2