• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Those Hankook Dyna pro at's are awesome. They are really popular here, That is whats on my 05 right now and they are a great all around tire and are wearing awesome, Thinking I will have around 60K on them by the time I take them off. 

I just scored a set of aftermarket aluminum wheels with half tread Cooper stt's on them for 400 bucks. will run them out this winter and see if I like the wheels or not they have a wider than stock off set so not sure if I will like them or not but couldn't go wrong for 400 bucks. A no loose deal all around either way.

• Owner

Cooper STT I like the traction value for offroad but I didn't like the idea of then being about another 10-15 pounds heavier than normal 265/75 R16. I saw a mild loss in MPG with the Cooper STT's I sold mine back to the same tire shop I bought them from with about 30-40% tread left. 

Good to hear about the Hankook DynaPro's... :thumbup2:

Edited by Mopar1973Man

The Dyna pro's look very comparable to the ATP's I have been running. I will give them a serious look as I am not to far away from a set of tires myself. It is always nice to have something else that is not an unknown to bargain with.

• Owner

I had high hopes for the Black Lion's for wear but it didn't come to be. So this go around I told the tire tech I was looking for something a bit better than bargain basement stuff but something with quality and going to last awhile. So I know Hankook has be around awhile and should have good performance. The DynaPro's are suppose to designed around the high torque of diesel trucks so the compound of rubber should be a bit harder.

On 7/17/2016 at 6:55 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

16 x 7.0 Aluminum wheels. Stock is 16 x 7.5 wheel.

I went out and checked my OE's and they are 16 X 8. I have 3 on bare and on the ground. Wider wheel with the 265 option vs the 245's?

58 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I had high hopes for the Black Lion's for wear but it didn't come to be. So this go around I told the tire tech I was looking for something a bit better than bargain basement stuff but something with quality and going to last awhile. So I know Hankook has be around awhile and should have good performance. The DynaPro's are suppose to designed around the high torque of diesel trucks so the compound of rubber should be a bit harder.

That is interesting to know.

Has anyone seen the Hercules Trail Digger MT? That is a mean looking tire if you like the aggressive look.  I have a friend in AZ that runs the 35x12.50x20 on a lifted Avalanche and we tried really hard to get stuck but those things just kept digging. Never had to put it in 4wd.  I was looking at the Hercules Terra Trac AT II. Those tires have a 60k mileage warranty on them and shouldn't howl too loud.   

All we run at the coal mine are Toyo open country MT tires, if one can spin them they clean out and will move you, only time one gets stuck is if one gets high centered. We have clay mud gumbo about 10 thousand times more slick than glare ice and about that much stickier than road tar lol.

I think I'm going to try a set of Nitto Terra Grappler G2 tires in size 285/70/17. My brother has these and is Very happy with them! With how much power he has it's hard to find a tire that doesn't spin and these have gotten the job done for him.

I'm going a bit bigger to drop RPMs from the transmission change. I'll be happy if rpms drop and mileage remains about the same.

Truck.jpg