• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Unidentified noise

• Owner

Like old time mechanic told me years ago before he pasted away from a stroke... 

"It's better to run the wrong lubricant than no lubricant at all"

So that being said. It will keep things going longer than no lubricant. I do understand what Wild and Free is saying about mixing of greases there is a long thread on RV sites about how different greases react with each other and how some are not compatible.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

I guess what I am trying to say is what Tyler posted as a question, most have absolutely no clue about grease, it is looked at as "Grease" lol not realizing there is almost as much difference here as there is in any other lubes and people should learn about it. This is why most things come as non-servicable now days. Lack of knowledge of lubes and the tight tolerances is too critical to let the masses do it themselves, there is a reason non-greasable components last about 10X longer than those people can grease.

• Like 2

Good info on types of compatibility But back off the technical and come up with a chart for basic grease types and the best applications of each and where to not use some basic types.

Some greases are pressure or friction use only and some are for high speed / heat rotation application like wheel bearings and or U-joints. Some have a better retention or stickiness to them to.

• Like 1

In this day and age, where just about any knowledge you may seek is literally available at your fingertips, there really is no excuse for not knowing something as simple as what grease to use where. 

If you want to see some knock down drag out purse swinging over lubricants head over to ar15. com, I swear some of those guys take lubing AR's more seriously than anything else on the planet smiley_freak.gif

Ugh... got the drivers side axle pulled to do the u joints. The hub bearing assembly split in two. I dunno why I'm suddenly getting nickled and dimed to death by this truck...

Im at the point where i can't afford two new bearing units. Gonna try my luck at putting it back in and see how long it'll last me... 

Yea, mine doesn't have front wheel abs.

I put it all back together, going to test drive tomorrow during the day. Crossing fingers! Got the front axle u joints done too. Boy those were easy to do, wish they were that easy when i did the front Driveshaft. Still have to order a new slip yoke because of the one i cracked.