• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

HELP!!!! 2000 Dodge SC/LB No Start, No Prime, New Lift Pump

• Owner

You done nothing to fix the APPS P0123 code.

Possible Causes

• 5-volt Supply At APPS Shorted To Voltage (Engine Running)
  • APPS 5-volt Supply Circuit Shorted To Voltage
  • APPS Signal Circuit Shorted To Voltage (Engine Running)
  • APPS Signal Circuit Shorted To Voltage
  • APPS Return Circuit Open
  • APPS Signal Circuit Open From APPS To ECM
  • APPS 5-volt Supply Circuit Open
  • PCM (APPS) Circuit Shorted To Voltage With The Engine Running
  • PCM (APPS) Short To Voltage With Ignition Key On
  • APPS Open Between PCM And ECM
  • Open APPS Circuit
  • Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor (APPS)
  • Engine Control Module

4 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

You done nothing to fix the APPS P0123 code.

Possible Causes

• 5-volt Supply At APPS Shorted To Voltage (Engine Running)
  • APPS 5-volt Supply Circuit Shorted To Voltage
  • APPS Signal Circuit Shorted To Voltage (Engine Running)
  • APPS Signal Circuit Shorted To Voltage
  • APPS Return Circuit Open
  • APPS Signal Circuit Open From APPS To ECM
  • APPS 5-volt Supply Circuit Open
  • PCM (APPS) Circuit Shorted To Voltage With The Engine Running
  • PCM (APPS) Short To Voltage With Ignition Key On
  • APPS Open Between PCM And ECM
  • Open APPS Circuit
  • Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor (APPS)
  • Engine Control Module

Yep, nothing. To be quite honest, the 4th gear hunting was occuring until I died out and never got it back. Is it possible that the APPS just needs to be changed? I donʻt suppose I have dead pedal, the truck is rather smooth throughout acceleration, and it doesnʻt ever hiccup, it just wont shift into OD now...

7 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Gotta go through the diagnostics and see if it point you in the right direction.

Gonna take on that diagnostic in the morning. Meanwhile, pulled the codes with my scanner, it sed no engine dtcs however, it did say Transmission DTC present P0123.... So what computer is this pulling from!?

The key trick says the same thing

The key trick as far as I know will only give codes from the ECM and the PCM. On your truck you are only getting the ECM. My 02 gets both but not always everything. Thats why we reccomend using a scanner. I have never seen mine identify a trans code. The 0123 code is an apps code. How is you scanner telling you that it is a trans code?

• Like 1

5. Check for poor connection/terminal contact at APPS harness connector. Repair as necessary. Ensure APPS connector is still disconnected. Start engine. Using a DVOM, measure voltage between cylinder block (ground) and terminal No. 3 (Light Blue/Black wire) on APPS connector. If the voltage is greater than 5.5 volts, go to next step. If the voltage is 5.5 volts or less, go to step 8.

Voltage is at like 0 on the connector at this wire, i stuck a paper clip in to try and pull the voltage up, and the truck began to rev...

i will attach a picture of the scanner

Weird, i have fluctuating vac at the alt. And battery ground... 0.040 to 0.050 up n down n up n down...

Also, AC IS BACK, haven't driven it yet however, im thinking that the bottom bolt of the alt wasnt solid, causing a terrible ground, and power flying throughout the circut!!!  What the heck!

Seems like AC noise was confusing the PCM, could this be from the loose bolt?

if my vac is fluctuating is that bad? I gotta pull some cattle from Hamakua side to Hilo, wanna do it sunday!!!

Just jumped in the truck, no AC again, no OD, im thinking im testing this alternatir wrong... Or i grounded out the alt. Ehen i was testing it which caused everuthing to work properly... For a few minutes.

Just through the fluke on it and VAC was fluctuating between .050 and .057.  I'm ground the on the fluke at the battery and put in the positive lead on the black wire that's leading to the alternator is this correct?

• Owner
12 hours ago, AndrewFrias said:

For a few minutes. Just through the fluke on it and VAC was fluctuating between .050 and .057.  I'm ground the on the fluke at the battery and put in the positive lead on the black wire that's leading to the alternator is this correct?

That is correct but showing a marginal alternator. Should be reading more so below 0.03 AC volts.

Normal - 0.01 to 0.03

Marginal 0.05 - Some report random and strange issues at this point. 

Fail 0.1 and above.