• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline V2 Testing

TFaoro

I'm looking forward to see were you like things set after getting some miles on. I'm also curious to see what settings you prefer for towing. It's going to be great to adjust it to run cleaner. I hear Colorado sends out these little white pamphlet that say Visible Smoke...haha evidently people can call in your plate if they feel you're vehicle is smoking excessively. Don't ask how I know...

image.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, I've gotten one of those little pamphlets....OOPS!

50 miles on it this morning. My happy spot for level 1 is 75%. 70% it was just too lethargic. At 75 I get a tiny puff of smoke and boost ramps up to 40+ as rpms increase. I have a very hard time breaking 1,000* exhaust temps on this setting. Running as hard as it'll go from 0-75 exhaust temps were 985, and boost 42. All with just a baby puff of smoke when starting in 2nd. I did have it to the floor from the get-go too. No rolling into it. I'd get a video if I didn't have to steer, shift, and record.

One thing I'm not happy with is level 2 (the new level 1) It seems to be defueled from what it used to be. It's acting just like level 1 for some reason.

I'm still working on the can-bus tuning. I've got it to where low end smoke is very low. Just a slight haze and a puff. The puff comes out when the boost climbs above the 17psi threshold.

The only thing I'm not satisfied with here yet is the jump once it's above 17psi. When I have it to the floor it's not an issue; Barely noticeable except the puff of smoke. The problem comes when I hold the throttle constant. Ex: When I hold it at 25% throttle the boost will steadily climb from 0 to 17 then jumps straight to 36 and the power comes in hard. I don't like the way it does that at constant throttle. I'm not sure if this is something I can tune out, or of the tuner can work on it.

More to come....

27 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

Yeah, I've gotten one of those little pamphlets....OOPS!

50 miles on it this morning. My happy spot for level 1 is 75%. 70% it was just too lethargic. At 75 I get a tiny puff of smoke and boost ramps up to 40+ as rpms increase. I have a very hard time breaking 1,000* exhaust temps on this setting. Running as hard as it'll go from 0-75 exhaust temps were 985, and boost 42. All with just a baby puff of smoke when starting in 2nd. I did have it to the floor from the get-go too. No rolling into it. I'd get a video if I didn't have to steer, shift, and record.

One thing I'm not happy with is level 2 (the new level 1) It seems to be defueled from what it used to be. It's acting just like level 1 for some reason.

I'm still working on the can-bus tuning. I've got it to where low end smoke is very low. Just a slight haze and a puff. The puff comes out when the boost climbs above the 17psi threshold.

The only thing I'm not satisfied with here yet is the jump once it's above 17psi. When I have it to the floor it's not an issue; Barely noticeable except the puff of smoke. The problem comes when I hold the throttle constant. Ex: When I hold it at 25% throttle the boost will steadily climb from 0 to 17 then jumps straight to 36 and the power comes in hard. I don't like the way it does that at constant throttle. I'm not sure if this is something I can tune out, or of the tuner can work on it.

More to come....

My TS Mvp has that same jump in power at 6psi. That seems to be the spot the canbus fueling starts but obviously half the go-fast your truck has:thumbup2:

• Like 1

Got some more updates.

The 17psi fuel bump has been fixed! Between the person writing the code and my settings on the quad it now smoothly transitions into harder fueling. When at WOT, it still gives a slight puff, but I'm not worried about that. Overall I'm very happy right now. The person writing the code might have some updates for me that could make things even better. I'm hoping to get some videos of stock tuning, old quad tuning, and the new stuff. I think you guys will be shocked at how clean 300hp sac injectors can be!

• Like 1

Lvl0 OEM fueling curve

lvl3 which some rough tuning done to lower fueling at low rpms  

I wouldn't say the truck feels any slower, this is likely due to being able to use more APPS input and not having to feather it to keep smoke down.

• Like 2

I dont know how Tyler is liking the most recent release :pray:, but I am VERY happy.   

No more smoke due to high tps at low revs / boost, no more rolling into the throttle to get the truck moving.  I used to have to step up my throttle from 0 to 15 to 20 to 30 in 1 second intervals, now I just put my foot to %30.   If I would have done this before it would have smoked, now just a very faint haze.  

the fueling maps tyler and I have now are pretty relaxed, but I honestly don't notice much difference in smokeiness between the aggressive tunes from before, just a more controllable upper end :) 

My tune starts at about 80% then 88% my 6 psi, then %100 at 10 psi then leveling off to 110 by 17psi.   

Edited by Me78569
  • Like 1

More testing and tuning

:burnout:

Happy to report another day of improvements for my tuning, tyler hasn't gotten his hands on this release, but I am very happy. 

I got a chance to do a 0% throttle to %60 and above from a stop up and hill merging onto an interstatev2 tuning.PNG

Might be a bit hard to see, but I went from 0% directly to %62 and held at ~%70 throttle.......Note when I let out of the throttle due to coming around the turn leading to the onramp., which is fine and dandy, BUT BUT BUT....  not one ounce of smoke.     And I don't mean once the turbo was lit.........I mean from a standstill to high TPS not one ounce of smoke, not one ounce when wiretap came on, not one bit of smoke.    I can't stress this enough, right now I could take my truck into the emissions place and pass with the tuner turned up :USflag:

iQuad-2016-07-31-04.54.491189992457.csv is the data log for the run. 

For a comparison, I went from this

To clean

I should have gotten a video, but I was not expecting to be able to do the run.  Egt's are the same so I am assuming that power is about the same.  My butt dyno can't tell the difference.    There might be a second more lag or so, but I am really not worried about it.   I am sure I can add a few % across the board and get rid of the lag.

It is hard to tell the difference in power because before power would hit hard, since the turbo was being flooded, now it ramps up very smooth.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 8:49 PM, Me78569 said:

I dont know how Tyler is liking the most recent release :pray:, but I am VERY happy.   

No more smoke due to high tps at low revs / boost, no more rolling into the throttle to get the truck moving.  I used to have to step up my throttle from 0 to 15 to 20 to 30 in 1 second intervals, now I just put my foot to %30.   If I would have done this before it would have smoked, now just a very faint haze.  

the fueling maps tyler and I have now are pretty relaxed, but I honestly don't notice much difference in smokeiness between the aggressive tunes from before, just a more controllable upper end :) 

My tune starts at about 80% then 88% my 6 psi, then %100 at 10 psi then leveling off to 110 by 17psi.   

I am very happy, but I've got to mess with the setting a touch and see if I can make it even better.

As of right now, I can put my foot on the floor from idle and if the boost stays below 20, I don't have a lick of smoke. The only place I'm getting smoke is 22-27psi or so of boost. That's because the boost on these twins ramps up faster than the refresh rate, effectively jumping the fueling up faster than I'd like. I think I can change some values and make it cleaner though!

My tune starts out at 68% from 0-2 psi, then ramps up 1% at a time for each psi. Mine is setup a bit different though.... I've got % control from 0-30psi.....

• Staff

Pretty cool. 

1200us seems so short! Stock on a 3rd gen is about 2000 and a big tune can push 3000, and the pressure is higher. I wonder if the injector holes are bigger on 2nd generation? But that would decrease atomization. 

Tyler, did you ever get a Pro dongle? 

12 hours ago, AH64ID said:

Pretty cool. 

1200us seems so short! Stock on a 3rd gen is about 2000 and a big tune can push 3000, and the pressure is higher. I wonder if the injector holes are bigger on 2nd generation? But that would decrease atomization. 

Tyler, did you ever get a Pro dongle? 

@Me78569 can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that 1200us is on top of stock. Not exactly sure. I know what you're saying though :lol: my brother's max effort tune is just over 3000us at 22K psi.

No I haven't.... my brother and I are in the process of trying to buy a business, so our funds are heading into purchasing that. Maybe after the deal goes through I'll hit Gecovey Coffman up again.

• Like 2

• Staff

That makes sense.  I haven't found a us reference table in Pro but that could just be what quad is doing. 

Turn your brothers pressure up and his duration down :-) 24-26K and 2500-2700us will likely make similar power with better timing and lower EGTs. 

30 minutes ago, AH64ID said:

That makes sense.  I haven't found a us reference table in Pro but that could just be what quad is doing. 

Turn your brothers pressure up and his duration down :-) 24-26K and 2500-2700us will likely make similar power with better timing and lower EGTs. 

PM Sent. Keeping this thread on track!

9 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Yes it is fueling time on top of stock. 

I am going to put in a map smoothing function to get rid of the psi jumps when at low psi.  

I've been fighting with my fuel "bumping" up causing a slight surge in power. I think it's a combination of a bad place to read the boost, maybe a bad MAP sensor, and twin turbos.

Where I was at yesterday, I had the fuel increasing 1% at a time from 68% at zero psi. The problem comes when the twins light the boost jumps from 5 to 20 or 25, causing a 15-20% fuel bump.

This morning I set it to where I was at 100% fueling by 10psi and it seemed to smooth out the bumps, but it's slightly bumpy still. More playing to do....