• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline V2 Testing

TFaoro

The one I sent last night had your custom tune as the base tune, that was the only change.  I would recommend only using the base tune to see if it runs good.   There is no data transfer in that case.  

If your custom tunes are feeling weak up top I am gonna guess all the tuning variables are not being saved due to the exisitng bug.  I have found that if I load the custom tune like 10 times in a row it seems to go, but it is hard to tell.  

1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

The one I sent last night had your custom tune as the base tune, that was the only change.  I would recommend only using the base tune to see if it runs good.   There is no data transfer in that case.  

If your custom tunes are feeling weak up top I am gonna guess all the tuning variables are not being saved due to the exisitng bug.  I have found that if I load the custom tune like 10 times in a row it seems to go, but it is hard to tell.  

I haven't loaded that one yet or driven the truck since I got home. I'll attempt to load it up tonight and see.

no rush.  

If you do load the one from yesterday just leave it on the default tune and see how it acts.  If it actus differently than before we know that not all of the AIDS are being applied %100 of the time as I am guessing.  

Hopefully it runs smooth and strong, I am guessing the 8psi blip will be strange. 

i love data logging. 

I changed a couple things to  allow for the showing of the canbus fueling input and the output. 

You can see the lighter orange is the canbus input and the darker is the output.  This custom tuning created to find what the max % was for canbus fueling.  It looks like anything over %125 on the top end ( over 20psi boost)  is going to max out the fueling messages.  %150 can be used below that to give a faster rampup to full fueling.  

CAN.PNG

Custom tuning was

0- 97

1- 98

2- 99

3- 100

4- 101

5- 102

6- 103

7- 104

8- 105

9- 106

10- 107

11- 108

12- 109

13- 110

14- 111

15- 112

16- 114

17- 116

18- 118

20- 120

22- 122

24- 124

26- 124

28- 124

30- 124

I also found that for the guys having issues getting the beta tune to load.  Reloading the custom tune doesn't actually load more of the variables,  is the powering off of the truck for long enough for the screen to disconnect, then turning the truck to on and connecting the screen. 

You can check how many of the custom tuning varibles are being loaded by creating a new custom tune and checking the default values being used, the default values will be what the ADR box is currently using for that value.

Edited by Me78569

The point of this next gen of tuning for the 2nd gen is to give anyone the power to "custom tune".   It wouldn't be as custom as EFI or udc pro, but if tyler can make his setup clean and smooth then I don't see a need for more than that.   

If you understand that setting a PSI value to %80 will give you %80 of stock at that PSI then you can use this tool.    I am excited to see what changes are made to the Iquad app for this.  It should make it VERY easy for anyone to tune.    You literally set a % for every boost PSI from 0 to 30psi to map out your tune.   Easy as that.  

I am not going to promise MPG gains, but so far I think that anyone with overstock sized injectors could gain a significant amount.  The guys with larger injectors, rv275's included, should be fueling less than stock map amounts.   I need to make a hyper mile tune to see what I can do on the highway, but I am guessing that Mike could get close enough to 30 mpg not to matter.:poke:

I have never been close to Mike on the MPG but did bust off a 21.3 mpg running 75 mph down the interstate a week or so ago. A personal best for me. That was with NO ac. COMP on 5X5. I have only had the COMP for a year and do like it but this would have been one to explore only I did not know about it at the time.

First long trip with the tuning netted a ~2 mpg improvement.  

Best ever was 24.7. that was stock injectors and light  AT type tires.

When I changed tires to the much heavier MT tires I have now, my best went down to 22mpg with those tires.

Just did a run with heavier tires and the 7 x.009 injectors and netted 24.4 mpg.  There is some more to be gained as my prior best numbers where 100% highway, this run was not and some stop and go.

• Like 3

Get the iquad too and don't use it beyond tuning I suppose.  Digital gauges are nice though, they tell you a lot about the truck and what it is seeing from sensors etc.    But you don't have e to use the screen once you are done tuning.

It has shown me a bad map and oil pressure sender even though there were no codes.

Showed me when I had a bad ground, noticed volts climbing beyond normal ranges.

No zxt custom tuning, no way to input the custom data

I'm not opposed to the extra screen, but not sure where I'd put it since I already have the pillar gauge setup. I figure if I could set it up to show things like what my OBD sensor shows and things like you mentioned then it'd be a nice addition.