dorkweed

2016 Silverado Mileage

notlimah    469
notlimah

Basically if you're going down a hill long enough while on the brakes the truck will automatically start downshifting to attempt to help slow the truck.

It's a nice feature but I still like the hill assist start the best!

dripley    1,083
dripley

The wife's 06 Dakota did the same thing with the tow haul button. When it was on it change the shift pattern on the tranny. Up shifted later and down shifted going down a hill to slow the truck, did not have to have your foot on the brake just dd it on its own.. I does sound like yours does a good bit more than that however. Her 00 only had an OD on or off button. The 06 was an improvement.

Edited by dripley

dorkweed    313
dorkweed

Put the first sort of "big" trailer load behind her a few days ago.

My retriever club had to move their "training day" to a different location, and I tow the club trailer there.  Twas about 20 miles or so, but a lot of hills.....................and the trailer is 7x16 and runs about 7500lbs.

First off;  I miss the Cummins low end torque, as you need to wind out the gears a lot longer in a gasser to get her going.  Second of all........with the Cummins, I rarely had to downshift..................with gassers (because of their power band) they need to downshift to make power to maintain speed.  Third..........the 1500 handled perfectly.  Airbags in the rear helped for sure.

• Like 1