• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Log splitter

hex0rz

I remember years ago when the dual rams were unheard of but now I've seen many other manufactures use them.  Some people say they're great and some people dislike them...  I dont see why they'd be a problem unless one ram failed.

22 hours ago, KATOOM said:

I remember years ago when the dual rams were unheard of but now I've seen many other manufactures use them.  Some people say they're great and some people dislike them...  I dont see why they'd be a problem unless one ram failed.

Since it is a lower grade lifting system, about $300, I think the overall trailer is more an economy unit. I really don't see an issue with the lift itself. With a uneven load it might want to twist the bed more, so heavier hinges might be needed. Paint is where the economy trailers fail. The bigger manufactures have a better paint process, with sand blasting, acid etching, primer and good paint/powder coat.

Here are two pictures of economy v/s quality. Note the flimsy see through fenders and bed side wall above them, no supports.

00o0o_2cyzzfog7MO_1200x900.jpg

DT14.jpg

Edited by NIsaacs
  • Like 1

Dad had a cheaper single ram before this PEQUEA I have now. You had to climb up in the bed to get it to go down when it was empty and cold. A scissors hoist is stronger with 1 less, and shorter cylinder to potentially leak and fix.

• Like 1

The Pequea is a quality trailer, I went to their web site. Yes, you need power up and down. I had a Parker that was gravity down, it was nice in the fact that it came down quick with no battery use, however, if you had to lower a loaded bed for whatever reason, you couldn't, there was no control, it would fly down.

Also, in the above comparison (economy) there are no front facing lights and the rears are bulb/cover style, old school. You can't see it but they also use inferior axles and all options are extra.