• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Something feels weird, VP44

So I called BC, left a message. Must not be that important because he never got back to me this week. I'll call again next week, now down to the nitty gritty.

i had some time today, and I bought a new radiator awhile back so I decided to put it in this morning, I saw how much room I had to work with and I couldn't pass up the opportunity of putting in my old pump, got it all put in, new belt and radiator, primed it... Started right up.... Let it come up to temp, shut it off, started right back up!!! No hard start!! ( I learned that the battery cables and very important lol ) that's what started my not starting problem ) Yippee!! Packed up all my tools and took it for drive, my boost was right back up to 37 even 38 now.... This pump has a lot more spunk to it then the other one he sent me! I am baffled at how someone claims to rebuild "pumps"  that are totally way different then the other.... Needless to say I am never dealing with blue chip again and I am going to shy people away and tell them to go for DAP 

Edited by fuze24v

Ya I'm interested to see what he says, cause I am sending him the shitty one back, I'm not sending the good one back, but I am going to nail his *** to a board and hammer him with a lot of questions, makes me wonder if he does this on purpose so it doesn't have to come out of his pocket when he warranties these pumps, that's my biggest thought about all of this. It's crazy, I honestly never thought that there would be a difference between any of the 15x. I'm thinking what Mike said about the used PSG and maybe a bad flash!!?? Either way I'll keep y'all posted on this 

• Owner

Still not right... With so many dealers out there selling VP44's with new PSG units. Why would you pay for VP44 with a "used PSG"  that is even bit more more in price than a VP44 with "new PSG" for less. 

Kind of like the same game with suspension parts. Everyone buys Moog parts because of the name not knowing its nothing more that foreign made parts now. 

What I getting at you have to take it upon yourself to find the source manufacturing and research where its made and how it made any more. Like I know that Diesel Auto Power sell two different rebuilders of injection pump. It's either Midwest Injection or Industrial Injection. I know the Midwest has the lowest price but little bit troublesome when it comes to warranty claims. Where Industrial Injection is a bit more in price but warranty cliams seem to be smoother in handling. (Personal opinion).

• Like 1

• Staff

That's where mine came from is Industrial Injection thru Eric. I called industrial injection before I bought and they said they never would ever send out a rebuilt VP without a brand new PSG board.

I trust Erics' word the guy ain't greedy or nothin'. He's just a good person.

• Like 2

On 8/20/2016 at 8:15 PM, Me78569 said:

I almost wonder if the PSG was a "good" PSG from a core that he moved to the pump you got.  It would explain why half of the silicon is cut out.

Almost as if the psg was unsoldered from one pump and moved to another.

but how would that be in power difference? I have done "some" reading on them, even if the pump had a new PSG..... what other things would effect it not having any power? did he not just flash it and then send it on its way? 

• 1 month later...

Just a update, I have sent the crappy one back, since then i cant get ahold of him or any of his little minions. needless to say. im stayin clear of BCD. all though i will keep bugging him for a answer. one of these days. he has to talk!!