• Welcome Guest To Mopar1973Man.Com

We are a Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel Site. We are very friendly and helpful group of Dodge Cummins owners. We try to keep your truck running the best we can and provide information for diagnostics, repairs and even guide you on the best replacement parts to use.

Registration is free. Registering on the site will provide access to many more things like...

• Contribute to the Forum being able to ask questions and get support for your Dodge Ram Cummins.
    • Contribute to Article Database adding your ideas and suggestions.
    • Classified Ads posted by the members
    • Member Garage where you can display your vehicles and modifications.
    • Download Files, documents, and tunes for your truck.
    • 911 Support Network. We've got a group of members will to aid you if your truck breaks down on the road.
Killer223

another HD bit the dust.

so this was a VERY bad thing to happen to me today. i had a 3TB drive with Windows 7 and Mint 17,

my other drives are a 320 GB data drive for junk... oddball files.

and 240GB SSD drive for a boot and mint13.

anyhow it's the last time i get a seagate drive. i've lost 5 in 10 years. the sucky part was it had my kids entire steam games and library on it. with hours n hours n hours of progress lost.

i lost the data files for the games but i can redownload those only takes a few days. sever TB in games. so yeah i'm depressed.

Ever thought about putting in a raid 1+0 with some older Sata Scsi's?  The cost of the stuff is so cheap now and they never fail, and even if they do you can just slap a newused drive in place and off to the races with no lost data.

Edited by Me78569

Everytime I say that I have to go out and do some shopping to see what it would cost to upgrade 

7x 15k 300 gb SAS drives - $100  Might need a few more, so say $200 total for drives  Say 8 drives in raid 10, so 1200 gb with 1 drive failure protection minimum and VERY high read and write speeds for non  SSD

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-7-Seagate-Cheetah-15K-5-300GB-15K-ST3300655SS-3-5-SAS-Server-Hard-Drive-/272342204187?hash=item3f68dc3f1b:g:EtMAAOSwIgNXqiTU

Older server with 32 gb ram and dual E7440 $225 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Poweredge-R900-Dual-Intel-Xeon-E7440-2-4GHz-Quad-Core-32GB-RAM-DVD-8x-Bays-/172181274570?hash=item2816cdbfca:g:S7YAAOSw-CpXHmVz

Plus is doubles as a space heater :lol2:

Man I want that server

Weird... Never had an issue with my Seagate 1TB HD. It's nearing 3 years old or so.

Really nice being over on Linux. I can check the SMART status of the drives and it will warn you of impending failure. I've seen 2 drives now that warned of failures coming soon and was able to replace it before complete failure occurs. I know there is a few programs on Windows to do the same thing but you manual have to check. SMART status checks on Linux is background app. SMART Data & Self-Tests_006.png

Every computer I have had in the last 10 years had the smart check built into the bios so it was checked on boot.  maybe I am just good at picking out computers haha

ok who can help me edit an ISO file? i have a windows 7 dvd that i want to delete a file from. the bootmgr file.

in removing this file i can boot to uefi, and use my new 5 tb drive, else it's a MBR type. so..

who can i send this to to edit the file. my Mint install doesn't' like UDF file systems.

don't have a file server...

uploading to my google drive.

it'g gonne be a while. i'ma go get some food. be back later.

Edited by Killer223

I havent posted a link yet lol.   It's still uploading.

My upload has a few hours left.  My home internet is nothing to write home about.

Thats why I typically do all my file server stuff on the work network haha.  More pipe than we can use.

i did and burned it, but my pc still didn't boot in EFI... so i'm stuck puting winblows 7 on a GPD. formatted drive. so an older 320 GB. and i'll just deal for now.

A lot of guys where saying that they couldn't get it to boot after editing the iso.  who know.,

according to tech-net you an delete the boodmgr file, and it will boot in EFI mode. no such luck on mine. my bios is set up to boot cd as EFI. yet it still doesn't work. and no new bios revisions for me.

i know this comp is about 6 years old. but it's still a amazingly fast machine. so i've no reason to build another just yet.

let alone i HATE and i do mean HATE windows 10.

heck i hate windows. but i like a few games that only run in windows.

good to know.  

Meh windows 10 is fine.  it works haha.  I really only use it as a terminal though, each their own.