• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Lift pump manual override.

Wired this up today!  I used a switch and tapped into the relay for my fass.  Now on cranky days or when i change my filters i dont have to bump they key to prime the filters. 

Its the switch between the tst and the brake.

20160905_134634.jpg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, notlimah said:

So basically the switch goes to the relay and overrides it giving it constant power when the switch is on or normal operations when the switch is off?

It jumps from the relay 12v power to the relay signal from the ECM to throw the relay.  Two wires and a switch that jumps the relay on my firewall.

I know, its goofy, but I hate priming new filters, covered in diesel, having to either bump the starter or use my alligator jumper clips to keep the pump going. 

It is also nice for when the truck sits for a while, to run the pump and get any air out of the line to the vp44.  Totally unnecessary, but i like it. 

Edited by CSM

Hey man sounds like you have a need for it so it'd only be unnecessary if you didn't need it! I definitely don't think it's a bad idea. I've only had the original FASS filters on mine so far but it is a bit of a pain to prime. Of note though, my truck doesn't fully prime (up to injectors) with just bumping the starter, (like my 99 will) I have to turn and crank over the engine to get any fuel up there. Kinda funny how these trucks each do things differently.