• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Injectors

On 10/7/2016 at 5:37 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Should of sent the injectors to Idaho injection tech in Lewiston idaho. Still free to test and get pop values. I think it only 9 dollar an injector for tuning. 30 dollars is way too high period.

Yea at this rate,i think I'm going to...

On 10/7/2016 at 7:37 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Should of sent the injectors to Idaho injection tech in Lewiston idaho. Still free to test and get pop values. I think it only 9 dollar an injector for tuning. 30 dollars is way too high period.

So who pays the wages and buys the tools for the techs there, do they live on welfare? Who works for free these days?

• Owner
9 hours ago, Wild and Free said:

So who pays the wages and buys the tools for the techs there, do they live on welfare? Who works for free these days?

Maybe you should come to Idaho.

I've been to their shop many times and every time they walk me back to the test bench and pop test the injectors for free. They only check for spray, pissy injectors and what they pop at. Beyond that if I want them tuned now they cost the $9 an injector to be tuned. Typically they suggest just replacement because you can buy injectors for lower price fully assembled than buying nozzles and rebuilding and pop tuning again. Idaho Diesel Tech is a really good shop and rebuilt a Ford 7.3 injection pump for $300 bucks. As for time invested they can pop test all 6 injectors in under 10 minutes typically. Very fast. Done right in front of me.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner

The only reason I would suggest an independent test, that way you either got 2 shops reporting the same issue or now you got two different stories which should raise questions on who is telling the truth. Just my way of validating the injectors and prevent issues.  

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

Finally, a response from dap. But it wasn't Jacob. Talked to a rep and told me send them in. He said they shouldn't cost more than 100 dollars to bench them and fix them, even if they need new nozzles. 

So next opportunity i have, I'm going to get them sent over and we shall see what comes of it...

• 2 weeks later...

Update!

So i got the injectors sent off last week. Called them Monday and they had finished them up that morning. Report says they all were a bit weak with one bad nozzle. 

Couldn't get a definitive answer on why such premature failure except maybe bad fuel. 

I wonder, if air is entrained in the fuel, could cavitation cause problems?

Needless to say, popped all the injectors set them and cleaned for  $100 and nozzle was $30.

Should see them back this week and hope to have them back in the truck this weekend! Might get to break out the tarp from all this rain though!

• Like 1

I got faith in you. I have only done mine once and found quite easy. But I did take my time and few beer breaks. Definitely took me more that 2 hours but dont remember how much. Since doing it once I could see doing it in 2 hours, minus the beer breaks of course. May Mr. Murphy smile on ya!!