• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Injectors

At this point i think i would prefer to defer my business with dap further...

The persons point made to me was that he already discounted me for the rebuild on the injectors... i did not realize this, but makes me wonder if i would have just paid fill price would i have gotten the same level of service. 

• 1 month later...

Sigh....

I'm hazing at idle and am sure it's been this way since the injector install. Just gave it time to see if it would change any at all. 

I'm sure my tires have something to do with it too, but my fuel mileage is not so good and the egts still run hot. If i cruise at 65mph down the highway I'm at 800. Before, i would be around 700 at best. 

Sitting here, i have an 1/8th of a tank left and am at 359 miles!!! Granted i have done some snow plowing and 4wd too.  But still terrible... i think i might buy new injectors. I'm so fed up with this!

I am truly sorry to hear your issues, right now my stock injectors are still in with 316k on them.  My fuel millage is down a little bit but the truck still runs great.  I'm leary to open a can of worms but know I need injectors.

DAP was on my list but I'm starting to reconsider.  I have a local shop that I will contact, they sell industrial injection, new Bosch rv 275 and they also build their own, they have their own equipment, I'm kind of thinking this is the way to go.  Still not sure on injectors brand or size.

I hope you can find success or a high quality local shop that will sell you something or rebuild them then stand behind their product. 

• Staff

I drove 60 miles round trip in the snow/ ice, 5 accidents, two rollovers, to go to Vulcan and get my new injectors yesterday. I told Eric to get me rebuilts, pop tested and flow matched. For some reason, and I did not ask why he took it upon himself to order brand new ones from Bosch. The new ones were not a whole lot more money from what he quoted..... I was surprised. to say the least.

I do know..... the way Eric is..... he's always right and done me good over the years. For such a little shop out in the woods, they are always big on doing good.

BTW, they are for my first gen. Originals had 450 k on them which is going dangerously too long. May have destroyed the engine. We'll have to wait see.

Edited by JAG1

@JAG1 my local shop wI'll rebuild Chevy and Ford but recommends only new for Dodge... :think: 

Then I get told over 300k no new tubes no warranty ok I say I'll take tubes and rv275s.  He then asks "are you installing these yourself" and I respond "yes" he responds well that will void warranty. :doh:

So I'm now calling around to see about other options.

Does that seam like poor service or is that pretty "a" typical?  did I mention it would cost about 930 dollars installed? 

Edited by WiscoRedkneck
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, WiscoRedkneck said:

I am truly sorry to hear your issues, right now my stock injectors are still in with 316k on them.  My fuel millage is down a little bit but the truck still runs great.  I'm leary to open a can of worms but know I need injectors.

DAP was on my list but I'm starting to reconsider.  I have a local shop that I will contact, they sell industrial injection, new Bosch rv 275 and they also build their own, they have their own equipment, I'm kind of thinking this is the way to go.  Still not sure on injectors brand or size.

I hope you can find success or a high quality local shop that will sell you something or rebuild them then stand behind their product. 

You would have been even more upset when having to deal with industrial infection. Any injector builder worth their salt will warranty their product. Reason I use Infinite performance. Also highly recommend HSI.

6 hours ago, WiscoRedkneck said:

@JAG1 my local shop wI'll rebuild Chevy and Ford but recommends only new for Dodge... :think: 

Then I get told over 300k no new tubes no warranty ok I say I'll take tubes and rv275s.  He then asks "are you installing these yourself" and I respond "yes" he responds well that will void warranty. :doh:

So I'm now calling around to see about other options.

Does that seam like poor service or is that pretty "a" typical?  did I mention it would cost about 930 dollars installed? 

I have done a little searching on injectors.and nowhere have I seen self install voiding a warranty nor only new for a Dodge Cummins. Maybe I have led a sheltered life. Have not seen it mentioned here before from anyone. On top of that even "My Dumb ***" can install injectors in a couple hours in my dirveway. $930 for that package, even including tubes, is whacky. You have to pull the tubes to do the injectors.

• Like 1

While I put my 275's after the Banks system I installed, they were a nice little bump in power and I saw about 1 mpg increase in mileage. I am hoping with 50;s or so I might see the same. Only time will tell. My 275;s came from DAP with no issues. Not knocking Vulcan, just thought it ought to be said.

Edited by dripley

• Staff

Vulcan will warranty them. I just got mine running. It's got a little lope but there is a high pressure line that is dripping behind the VE pump. Tomorrow I will get a special tool that will work in there and retighten all the lines.

I'm so dog gone happy its not the injection pump.... Michael Nelson coached me over the phone on getting it primed. Only about about 15 phone calls...... not really but a lot of calls. It can be tough to get it primed.

I

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dripley said:

I have done a little searching on injectors.and nowhere have I seen self install voiding a warranty nor only new for a Dodge Cummins. Maybe I have led a sheltered life. Have not seen it mentioned here before from anyone. On top of that even "My Dumb ***" can install injectors in a couple hours in my dirveway. $930 for that package, even including tubes, is whacky. You have to pull the tubes to do the injectors.

I do not want to put words in their mouth but I would take "new" to mean not rebuilding what he had. The cost for a replacement set of injectors is not out of sight, generally.

• Like 1

This settles it. I'm going to buy a set of the rv275 from VP. don't see many Others offering genuine Bosch bodies when they say rv275 with their injectors. That's not an rv275, imo. It's just a 40hp injector, lol. 

• Like 1

@hex0rz I agree 100% I found alot of rv275 rebuilds and then aftermarket branded rv275s.

Rv275s is what I will probably run but a friend told me to check out farmboydiesel, after talking with them on the phone those guys seam like a good group.  Though I would like to hear opinions from you guys if you have any...  Their rebuilds are very competitive pricing wise so I am mildly intrigued by that because if I can get two sets for the price of the most expensive new set then why not and have a second set on hand, hopefully they don't last just one year or so....

7 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

The other one you could try is Vulcan Performance. Eric been really good about taking care of my needs for injectors too.

If I go with rv275s that is who I would buy from.  After reading around a bit I'm getting the drift that their customer service is always on or above par.

I dropped some green on a set of rv275s from Vulcan 2 days ago. Hope to see it in the mail soon. 

Should i be concerned about the injectors being flow matched pop tested with them?

Does he even do that with them or just take 6 off the shelf and pack them up?

The other thing that just occurred to me is, could my cetane numbers for my fuel be part of the problem? 

• Staff

Eric doesn't have the equipment to do that. He knows the people he orders from and

they are all top notch since he himself knows what to look for.

I've been to his place 4 times... spent most of a day a couple times. He is honest as they come