• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Injectors

It's just getting old running through the gambit of vendors having to do things twice when it should be done right the first time. 

...that's not bashing Eric at VP. Im just getting tired of it. It can be bad enough fixing the truck but then trying to fix it with inadequate parts sucks even more. 

Edited by hex0rz
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I thought you bought the Injectors from DAP (Jacob)???

IIRC that is why we are discussing options for replacement due to his failed injector and subsequent following issues.  I am by no means bashing anyone....

@hex0rz eager to hear how the new set pans out and thats through the vendor I was considering, I hope all goes well.

If I get a set of rebuilt injectors should they be flow matched and pop tested?  Then if a shop rebuilds them shouldn't they already be flow matched and pop tested, Vulcan VP injectors are they pop tested and flow matched?

I only ask because for me to accomplish flow matching and pop testing would cost me a 3 hour drive and overpriced service that bills by the hour at 110 per hour

That would be a question for who ever you would buy from. Then you have to have the trust that they really do it. I am running a set of DAP rv275's. They have about 140k on them. They have always worked fine but I think they are getting a little worn and one seems to be firing weakly. Not a miss but does generate a little vibration at idle sometimes. More like firing with a partial fuel burn at times. Othe times like today it purred like a tiger at idle. I am in the market for a new set.

I'll keep you posted as to how the new set differs from these currently in the truck. 

Still waiting for them to get here though... guess I'm gonna need to call for a tracking number. Hope i can get them in next week. 

DAP  supposedly did pop testing and flow match. They just did it initially with an injector with the wrong nozzle!

25 minutes ago, hex0rz said:

Got them yesterday. Going to put them in this weekend!

There was a nut included, any idea?

Possibly a nut to use to pull the old injectors with the valve cover bolt, but i have never needed a nut.

• Staff

That's more likely the injector retaining nut. You can see them half buried around each injector on your old ones.

Make sure you put small amount of grease on ea tip (under the copper sealing washer) so you won't loose the washer when you drop them in place.

To pull the old ones just cut 1'' pcv pipe the right length with a washer on top and screw right size threaded nut down on top. I found an old lug nut that fit perfect and pulls them out very nicely. Thanks to Mike this suggestion was great cause you can't return malled up injectors been chewed with pliers. Don't try turning them they need to come straight out.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

I have seen some install kits that include a nut to pull the crossover tubes with, thats what i am thinking it is. They will just pop out with a screw driver. I also used a bolt in the injector and pried the injectors out. They just popped right out. 

When you install the new be sure and snug up the injector lines to the tubes and then tighten the injector hold downs. Like to drove my self crazy trying stop leaks until I did that. It lets seat properly.

11 hours ago, hex0rz said:

....well this won't be my first rodeo! 

The nut appears to be sized for just that, crossover tube removal. 

I have only done mine once but never saw anything telling me to do that. So technically I have done mine twice learning that one. I just hope this solves your issues. You have had quite a few for this one problem.

Got the injectors swapped out with rv275s. New injector o rings made the injectors crazy hard to get in but they're in!

Got or fired over eventually and she smoked a ton at idle! Let it continue running while i cleaned up. Looked like it went away so i took it for a test drive. Couldn't go any faster than 15 but it performed better and was much more responsive. 

After i got back to the house i shut the truck off and then restarted it. Got that immediate turn over back again! 

Needless to say, DAP will be getting a call and getting an earful for the sub par workmanship!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Alright someone remind me, because for the life of me, i cannot get my injector lines to seal to the crossover tubes! I've tried everything i can think of to get them to seal and they are still weeping fuel!

I'm going to pull my hair out...