• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Injectors

I would think it is the meta they are made of. The ones in mine are extremely hard metal. I check them in a drill to spin them to clean them up on my first install and it did not leave a mark on them. Just my speculation. i have never seen the earlier ones.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dripley said:

I would think it is the meta they are made of. The ones in mine are extremely hard metal. I check them in a drill to spin them to clean them up on my first install and it did not leave a mark on them. Just my speculation. i have never seen the earlier ones.

I'll upload a photo once I pull them...do a side by side comparison with the new.  See if we can spot any differences.  To the best of my knowledge and from what I see, the entire fuel system on the truck is 100% original other then an Airtex lift pump which I'm replacing.    

I put a mark on the dip stick yesterday as i read that the o ring on the connector tube is a seal for the oil. But if the tube or o ring is no good for some reason then using Teflon tape to seal the area might be causing whatever fuel to be leaking past the o ring seal. 

So if my oil level rises any I'll know that fuel is getting into the crank because of this and i guess it'll end up being new tubes?

I read this on an thread from TDR from someone so it could be totally wrong, but just something for me to watch for..

BTW, DAP told me that one of my injectors popped higher than the others. I dunno if this is the one that i took to the local shop to have redone ore not. But it begs to wonder what ultimately is going on... supposedly they are good now and ready to be used. I dunno if i wanna touch them now. I'd rather wait until the day comes to replace the 275s. Maybe i should sell them lol. 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think a leaky crossover o-ring could cause a fuel leak into the oil. A leaky copper washer on the injector would but not the tube o-ring. That just seals the fuel in the return side the way I understand it.

• Like 1

• Owner

Bad injector o-ring will leak fuel into the oil just as @dripley said.

Bad crossover o-ring will leak fuel out on the intake manifold. It will not leak fuel into the oil.

Bad copper washer will leak compression gasses into the fuel tank. The fuel tank pressure problem.

There is only 3 ways I know of for fuel to enter the oil. 

1. Bad VP44 front seal leaking fuel into the gear case.

2. Bad injector o-ring leaking return fuel into the head area.

3. Bad injector that is spraying fuel at the wrong time and pushing fuel past the piston rings.

• Like 3