• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ATF in fuel

On 11/14/2016 at 1:50 PM, dripley said:

170k on this pump. 95% if t with TCW3 from wally world and have had no issues. The injectors have 130k no issues with them either. I do get to load the truck up and put some 1000* runs on it a few times a year to help burn the carbon off. As far as the study you link, I have seen it and others stating different. i have seen to many others with more miles than I have still going strong.  As long as I am trouble free I will keep putting the 2 stroke to it. 

Unicorn piss has me:think:. Where can you buy it or do you have to retrieve it yourself?

I mentioned 2 stroke oil on a different diesel page I'm on and one guy just nuts telling everyone not to do it. I'll see if I can find it

He would not be the first nor the last. I have seen it in other places also. I trusted what the folks here told me about it and tried it. It quieted the the VP down and my latest VP has lasted longer than the the other 2 including the oe that went at 75k. of course it ran on the stock pump and at the time I knew nothing about the importance of fuel pressure. And like @KATOOM I am a little curious if this fella has a new reason not to like it. 

Just to stir the (witches) pot in here...

Ever since I joined this forum, it was quick and easy to figure out that 2 stroke is great to run in our trucks. I've ran it ever since and have had zero issues.

With that being said, @TFaoro mentioned the opti-lube summer blend and so I went over and looked at the HFRR article again and sure enough, there it was, a few spots higher on the list then 2 stroke oil, with a MUCH lower (or higher depending on how you see it) mixing ratio so it'll last a lot longer then 2 stroke. Just something to think about for sure. I just ordered a 1 gallon bucket and two smaller bottles for mixing on amazon for $65 + shipping and it says it'll last 2560 gallons so I'll give it a try and see how it works.

Edited by notlimah

Well reading through this thread gave me quite a few good laughs! You guys are great :lol2: @notlimah did you also look into the Optilube XL? I found a chart on their website that outlines the differences between all of their products and based on it, I will be going with the XL when I order some in the near future. 

I found a guy on CF a while ago saying he was new to his 3rd gen asking for advice about adding ATF. There were a bunch of comments but none telling him to stop adding ATF. So, I jumped in and said I didn't think it was a good idea an I was surprised no one else had mentioned it yet. A few guys then agreed with me, but more than a few jumped in saying I was dead wrong and how wonderful ATF is and how it fixed their injectors, blah blah blah. Didn't make any sense to me, but I try not to start wars and really don't know all the facts so I just backed down lol just found it to be very odd

• Owner

Just remind the guys over there that ATF is high in ash content and will create problems for the nozzles. ATF will create this below... You can imagine what it does to the spray pattern. No, a injector cleaner will not remove this stuff.

ashed-injectors.jpg

Here is 24V injectors after ATF usage again...

dirty-inj.jpg

This why the ASHLESS 2 Cycle Oil theory came to existence. After 80k miles of 2 cycle oil usage...

injector-80k.jpg

Here you go another good video... Now like I said 2 cycle oil is a cetane reducer and BTU increaser. Notice how long the 2 cycle oil burns and that its rather clean burning.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 2

@leathermaneod Yea I did see the XL and the chart you're talking about. The reason I went with the summer blend is mainly because of the smaller mixing ratio and what that'd end up costing per tank. If price wasn't a factor for me then I'd go with the XPD blend as that seems to be the best over all in terms of performance. Also, I'll never need to deal with negative temps where I live so the anti-gel component is something I over look. 

Either way I don't think you can go wrong with any of opti-lubes products as they all look to perform really well. 

Edited by notlimah