• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Prayers Please for MoparMom

• Owner

In a nutshell MoparMom has kidney stones blocking her UT and she is going in for surgery to get a stent put in. I went up at noon to see her and see is able to nod or shake her head to questions. She is still on a ventilator as of yet. She is doing well. They will take her off the ventilator after the surgery.

• Like 1

• Owner

I've got to thank all the people that have come forward to help me get through this. Sherri Andrews (Mopars Mistress), Tyler and Tryssta Jones and Keith Davis (4 Elements Waterproofing), Jim and Sharon Gould (Neighbor), Betty Holderness (my other mom), and other members here that sent PMs to me with idea and suggestions. Thank you all for the prayers and support.

• Like 2

• Owner

Ok... The full story. I'm at home at this point and doing well. Mom is healing for the most part but she'll require dialysis now. 

So I back up a week. Wednesday 28th of September I get the job doing the roof. So I packed up the RV and finished the job in New Meadows, Idaho and went to Homedale, Idaho to start another roof job at the high school. So every morning around 8am I called home to check on MoparMom. Thurday and Friday she answered the phone and was in a up beat mood and doing well. Then Saturday the 1st of October there was no answer. That's odd. So I figured she was taking a bath and just couldn't hear the phone. About 12 noon I was getting worried so I call my neighbors Jim & Sharon Gould asked them to go over to the house and see if she was OK. They called me back and told me that she wasn't answering the door. Now I'm worried. I remembered that I left the garage door unlocked. I told Jim & Sharon to go in with my permission and see if she was OK. I waited about 5 minutes and called MoparMom answered and was rather annoyed that people were in her bedroom waking her up. She told me she did take a bath and decided to take a nap. She sounded fine so... Back to work for me. 

Now Sunday the 2nd of October. I called at 8am. No answer again. I continued to call all day off and on still no answer. So after work I called the neighbors again. They came over again to get her up which was odd. She didn't sound good. So I kick Keith out of my RV and packed up at 7pm and drove for home. I got home by 10pm. I got in the house it was cool, she didn't have a fire burning and she wasn't coherent. Confused and breathing rather oddly with hard exhaling breaths. I fought with MoparMom for nearly a hour to get her dressed. I told her she had the choice of me or the ambulance (911). Once she got her pants on I pick her up and carried her to the 1996 Dodge Pickup. I proceeded to drive to McCall Hospital 35 mile drive. I was there about 11:30pm. By about 1am of October 3rd they figured out she was septic and in really bad shape. The sedated her and put her on a ventilator to insure she didn't have problem being life flighted to Boise. By about 3am I drove home to attempt to get some sleep. I got home at about 4am and slept for 2 hours. I was up by 6am and making phone calls for RV parks and where she was at exactly.

I proceeded to get laundry done and restock the RV.  I got out of here about 1pm October 3rd. I made a plan to make it to Weiser, Idaho and catch up with Mopars Mistress (Sherri). I Told Sherri I want to stop and get a bite to eat and possible get a nap in the parking lot. So she cooked me a mean hamburger and fries. I pounded that down and went back to the RV and fell asleep in my easy chair. I was woke up 2 hours later with Hospital asking for permission for a proceedure. I got up and told Sherri thanks and proceeded to drive the rest of the way to Boise. I made it to the hospital at 10:30pm. I was tired and wiped up. During my morning phone calls I found out the St. Lukes Hospital has a RV park. So I pulled in and got slot #7. (Good Lord's Lucky number). Got a good nights sleep. 

Starting out the morning of the 4th. I got dressed and cleaned up and hiked over to the hospital and started paperwork. When I finally got to see Mom she was still sedated and ventalated. The nurse reduced the sedation and I was able to let her know I was there. She was totally out of it. I basically stayed at the RV waiting for phone calls and posting here and to friends on messenger. I was building my support network thaqt evening. 

October 5th the doctor wanted to put in a stent in her UT to help drain the infection. That went without a hitch and she did good. Still sedated and ventilated for the night. 

October 6th. Mom was moved out of ICU. Doctors want to get her off the ventilator. No problems. She was very confused and having a hard time remembering simple things like her birth date and where she was at. After some more test the figured out that her kidneys have shut down from the infection and would require dialysis. Father Daniel Jones called me and was wanting to come to our place for a visit. I told him that Mom was in St. Lukes Hospital. I was over at Parma with a friend getting dinner for the night. I got back over to the hospital and met up with Father Dan. We said mass in the room, had our confessions, and Mom was blessed with oils as well. Mom was spiritually in good hands at that point.

October 7. She started her first session of dialysis. After 2 hours she was feeling much better. She was remembering much more. Birth date, where she was etc. She was very tired. My Fire Chief and his wife showed up and visited with Mom. She got her first meal. Vanilla cup. She keep asking for more so the nurse kept bring food to her and she kept eating. This is a good thing. 

October 8th. I visited with Mom this morning and watch over her as she ate breakfast. Scrambled eggs and ham. She is due to have another run with dialysis tonight. I left at about 10am and head for home. I'm home I'm safe and sound. Basically got forced home to restock the RV and do laundry. 

As for me tonight I've had to change a master cylinder for my clutch. I got that done and attempting to get laundry done and finding paperwork for the future. I'm working on the legal side now attempting to ensuring no legal issues in the future. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 2

• Owner
16 minutes ago, joecool911 said:

Is the dyalisis a temporary or permanent thing?

Unknown as of yet... It's assumed to be permanent. No one knows for sure if she might get the function back. She did have a damaged kidney from her high blood pressure 2 years ago. Her good kidney had stones as well. They can't do much for the stones till she gain her strength back. 30 days maybe? 

I've got her set up for being set up in Weiser, ID for care facility. They would take her to Ontario, OR for the treatments. I've got that all set up already. Eventually, I'll have to come home it getting cold and I'll be forced home because of winter weather. So I've already planned ahead for her behalf. This makes it easy I can come down to Sherri's place in Weiser and see the girlfriend and then visit with Mom as well. That way I have a place to stay and visit with both of them. That way only a 2 hour drive to see Mom.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 2