• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Prayers Please for MoparMom

• Owner

If it wasn't for all my training in the Fire Dept I would of lost my head a long time ago. I've got to thank Salmon River Rural Fire Dept and Allan & Melanie Yearsley my Fire Chief for everything they taught me over the years. So as for Mom she even made the comment that she was shocked about how much I've got done and how fast I was ploughing through all the paperwork and kept going forward. 

I'm going to be smart and take some time to myself and stop at Sherri's place on my way back down. I also need a bit of down time from all this stuff. As for myself, it's a huge lifestyle change. I'm used to having Mom there to take care of some of the tasks around the house like cooking and paying some of the bills. Where the rest of the tasks were on me like fixing the trucks, maintain the yard, etc. We always met in the middle and discussed the plan of action for the house. Now I've lost my business partner helping me manage schedules and other things.

I'm slowly getting my bearings and handling things just fine. Like today I'm going to sit down with my other "Mom" and go through the paperwork and get things in order for myself.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 2

• Owner

Mom's comment is that everyone is very friendly and are taking care of her very well. She is meeting all kinds of people and she enjoying the different people and social contact at this point. She understands they are there to build her strength up and get her going. No complaints from Mom on being fussed over. 

I'm sorry for having short posts during the start of this. I was confined to the use of my cell phone while I was there in Boise. I wanted to take the laptop over to hospital but never really had time. My cellphone was a very important tool and I used it quite a bit during that week. Same time frustrating attempting to type on a small screen with huge fingers and misspelling all the time. I figured when I got home I could post good long explanations of what was happening. I'll continue to keep everyone posted and updated.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

• Owner

Making sure I got all my ducks in a row. Power of attorney, making sure all the deeds and titles are in my name, etc. Just in case any future events. \

Hitched up ready to go.

DSCF3826.JPG

Then the water leak issue.  Trying to dry the carpet out. Good friend Tyler came down yanked out the pad and chucked it out.

DSCF3827.JPG

• Owner

Mom is due to be transfers to rehab facility still here in Boise. The doctor wants to keep a close eye on her kidneys. I'll be heading home Friday again. Supplies are getting thin for me also since she is leaving St. Lukes I'll lose my spot for the RV. I'm not worried at least Mom is out of danger.

• Like 2

I'm sure the VW Touareg 4.1l V-8 TDI would get the trailer rolling quite well. might be a bit light in the suspension end.

340 hp and 590 tq isn't too bad.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2014-volkswagen-touareg-v-8-tdi-first-drive-review

Lots of towing videos out there.

Edited by Wild and Free