• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Prayers Please for MoparMom

• Owner

Better news... Mom called tonight asking for me to setup my laptop for her so she can get on the web site and say "Hi" to everyone. So on Monday I'm going to haul back down and deliver my laptop to her so she can surf the web and do more normal things. She is not much for watching TV. Gotta keep her entertained... :)

• Like 3

Oh, Mike! Shame on me for just now seeing this...

It was a roller coaster of emotions reading through this thread. I'm happy to hear she is doing better. I pray she will be back to her old self in short order!

I sure do wish we lived closer...

And just as said before, way to really keep focused. Your an inspiration. 

Edited by hex0rz
  • Like 2

• Owner

I went and visit with Mom yesterday since I'm doing a roof job in Homedale, idaho. She is doing good getting stronger doing good. She will most likely be on dialysis for the rest of her life. So that being said the hospital is going to teach her how to do at home dialysis. She will taught how to do it. She has about 2 more weeks before coming home. Still moving forward.

Thanks for the update but sorry to hear about the dialysis possibly being permanent. I am sure that just getting back Momma home is going to be a major step in the right direction. Home for me seems to cure some ills that other things cannot.

• Like 1

Mike, i want to share this with you. See what her doctor would say and I'll get you hooked up with some supplements.

https://www.thorne.com/education/health-lifestyle/FAQ-20058408/lowphosphorus-diet-best-for-kidney-disease

It appears that she is going to have to diet differently to keep things to a minimum. But that might also mean she may not get as well of a rounded diet. 

There are a few things i could look into if you like. I can also see what the doctors have to say for dietary support for those on dialysis.

• Like 3

I don't know how on earth I've missed all this until just now! I haven't been on the net as much as usual with my move and new work environment, but still. Anyway, Mike I am very glad to hear your mother is doing better and that things have worked out for you both. Thoughts and prayers for her continued recovery and for you both as you adjust to the new norm!

Edited by leathermaneod
  • Like 1

On 10/21/2016 at 8:57 PM, leathermaneod said:

I don't know how on earth I've missed all this until just now! I haven't been on the net as much as usual with my move and new work environment, but still. Anyway, Mike I am very glad to hear your mother is doing better and that things have worked out for you both. Thoughts and prayers for her continued recovery and for you both as you adjust to the new norm!

I'm even worse as I just now saw this.  Glad to see and read things are better!  Guess I need to check this part of the forums once in a while.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner

Just got back from spending the weekend with @MoparMom. She is doing good. She in the process of healing her peritoneal dialysis catheter. It'll be about 2 weeks of healing and then she'll be starting training for the PD.  After that she'll come home. They also are making plans for getting the kidney stones out too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peritoneal_dialysis

• Like 1