• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Prayers Please for MoparMom

• Owner

Anyone want to know what going on just reply to this thread I'll make sure to post what I know. As for today, she had her dialysis again today which kind of drains on here for the day. She is still doing good. She is getting tired of being cooped up in that hospital room. Remember this all started back on October 2nd. 

17 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Anyone want to know what going on just reply to this thread I'll make sure to post what I know. As for today, she had her dialysis again today which kind of drains on here for the day. She is still doing good. She is getting tired of being cooped up in that hospital room. Remember this all started back on October 2nd. 

Good to hear she's doing okay. I can't imagine the pain of being stuck in a room for over a month.... sounds like she's a fighter though!

• Owner

Very frustrated. You got to understand we are not TV watchers. So the TV in her room is never on. The only outside information she gets is from my laptop I left her down there. She is tired of the Monday, Wednesday, Friday dialysis. 2 hours of set up and then 4 hours of laying there waiting to complete. She has some nights where she doesn't sleep very well and other nights she sleeps good. Again just another factor of being stuck in a confined room and not able to wear yourself down with normal work that you are used to. The ultimate goal is to get her home for a break from the hospital for even a short time. I'm hoping to get to talk to the doctor maybe by Wednesday and find out more information.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Owner

Update... Jan 5th she should be home. We are not out of the woods yet. She still will need to do her dialysis Mon, Wed and Fri. We'll have to make the 2.5 hour drive down to Ontario, OR and then she'll have her 4 hours having treatment and then the 2.5 hour drive home. They are scheduled to revise her PD catheter and see if that can get it working. So we are praying that it does work and reduce the amount of trips to Ontario, OR. She is healthy and doing well she'll be glad to get home but we are both not happy with the situation we've got to possibly deal with. 

In the mean time my new clutch will be her on the 3rd of January so hoping I can get the transmission all pulled back and the old clutch pulled out and ready for the new one to slam in. So @Taz is going to give me a hand in getting that done so I'll have use of the Cummins and which has way better MPG number than the 96 Dodge does. Cummins is still holding 21-22 MPG through the winter the 96 Dodge is barely 12-14 MPG. So things around me are hoping at the moment. 

On another note. I've got a cable producer in Boise that is creating the first article cable for the high idle kits and working on get the first one done by Jan 4th. Then the other 99 cables will be coming. So hopefully I can schedule cable pickup times with the time @MoparMom is in doing her treatment I could sneak back over to Caldwell, ID to get the the cables picked up.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Started October 2nd and still going to January 5th. Long haul. She is ready to bail out of the place she is in. She ready to come home. I'm glad I got on the Quadzilla Beta team because this is going to be my edge to making those trips and being efficient. At roughly 300 miles round trip. 

Christmas weekend I was down... Yes, they even let "Diesel" in the room too.1213161834.jpg

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 2

• Owner

Just talked to her tonight and the doctor is optimistic that they can provide her some sort of quality of life after all this. I've got to head down on the 2nd of Jan. to be with her before her surgery on the PD catheter. Most likely be bringing her home on the 4th Jan. Man this is going to hang me up. So the clutch comes on the 3rd. That means I've got to put effort into the 1996 Dodge and have it ready to make the run down. @Taz will stay here and watch over "Diesel" the dog. When I get back I'll be stuffing a clutch in the truck quickly. @MoparMom and myself are really hoping the PD catheter works out because the long trip back and forth will end as soon as the Doctor says it functional again. 

All I can do is keep saying prayers and keep my spirits high and keep pushing forward.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 2

• Owner
1 minute ago, JAG1 said:

Was Diesel and MoparMom happy to see each other?

Absolutely. Diesel would hop up on the bed curl up next to MoparMom and not move. If any one moved near the door that dog was up off the bed and guarding that door closely. Scared the cleaning lady I hear when she open the door and was met by Diesel standing there. :thumbup2:

• Like 1

• Owner

He's more or less a all bark and no bite dog. The only time that will change if anyone attempts to enter the truck that he doesn't know. Then any time that anyone attempts to do harm to a family member. Like @Taz started to play fight with me and Diesel took his stance and nipping and barking at both of us. 

Make matter even crazier. I've just got a head cold starting last night. (Just frigging great! :rolleyes: :doh:) So I'm working on pounding the vitamins, standing inside as much as possible and creating a soup pot so I keep the hot liquids going and see if I can kick this cold.

3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Make matter even crazier. I've just got a head cold starting last night. (Just frigging great! :rolleyes: :doh:) So I'm working on pounding the vitamins, standing inside as much as possible and creating a soup pot so I keep the hot liquids going and see if I can kick this cold.

This stupid cold is sweeping the nation.  Most people I know have it or had it.....  I've had it for about 4-5 days and just feeling better.

• Staff

I had that kind of a cold, no cough, I had labrinthitis (room spinning) almost fell off the toilet and then morphed into my hearing going double. If someone spoke to me it would reverberate. It was strange stuff for about a week.

That dog is a good dog until he sees that you dropped a bolt down the intake. lol

So he protects the truck too. Will he let back in Mike's house now?

20 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

I had that kind of a cold, no cough, I had labrinthitis (room spinning) almost fell off the toilet and then morphed into my hearing going double. If someone spoke to me it would reverberate. It was strange stuff for about a week.

That dog is a good dog until he sees that you dropped a bolt down the intake. lol

• Like 1