• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla V2 Custom Tunes

Me78569

Well in my case ever since I put on 62/67/12 HX35 hybrid, I can't seem to be able to go passed 35 psi and that is almost with all the fuel I can toss at it without exessive smoke, yes I could possibly still have a boost leak I only check for leaks at 25psi so I will double check at 35 if my home made contraption doesn't blow appart. But long story short when I did change scale from 40 to 35 boost went up to 37, guessing that little bit more fuel helped. I'm only running 75hp injectors so I think that's my limitation at this point, sometimes in future I'll get 100 or 150hp. But I'm pretty happy with what I got as it is, when that wire tap kicks in it feels like nitrous on my mustang I used to have. And got it tuned in decent too not much smoke at all, I still use go pedal for most of that control though. But even if I floor it off the line it clears up pretty quick. 

Little update, found that my boots were leaking some boost right through the rubber. Put new boots on now I can hit 42psi on mechanical gauge and quad reporting 50psi. So I now put boost scaling back to 40. 

Edited by Dieselfuture
  • Like 1

Just got my quadzilla for my 2000 24v last week and have been reading this thread over and over again ?. Has anybody come up with a good driving smoke tune? (No i don’t want it for the purpose of piss people off while driving but just for taking pictures of my truck and stuff) I’ve been trying to find a good one that will lay down a nice solid black cloud of smoke but all I’m coming up with is nothing that’s drivable ?. Any help is appreciated as I’m really new to the v2 tuning! This thread has helped a lot already! 

16 minutes ago, Youngblood24v said:

Just got my quadzilla for my 2000 24v last week and have been reading this thread over and over again ?. Has anybody come up with a good driving smoke tune? (No i don’t want it for the purpose of piss people off while driving but just for taking pictures of my truck and stuff) I’ve been trying to find a good one that will lay down a nice solid black cloud of smoke but all I’m coming up with is nothing that’s drivable ?. Any help is appreciated as I’m really new to the v2 tuning! This thread has helped a lot already! 

No.

You have a great tool that allows you to have the best of both worlds. Virtually smoke free and fuels hard as hell. If you want smoke then you’re in the wrong crowd and don’t take that as me being rude. It’s simply respect for our community. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Youngblood24v said:

It will smoke as much as you tell it to.  That's as much as we will give you.  Learn how to do it from the tuning side.

• Like 1

I think i'm getting misunderstood here. I won't be driving this tune down the road smoking out the street. diesel in Michigan is almost $3/gal so i have no intentions of doing that. i was just looking for a tune for taking pictures only, I 100% agree that anybody who just drives around rolling coal is just making a fool of themselves and our community. That's not what i'm looking to do. So far ive gotten a "MPG' tune that is getting me a pretty steady 16mpg while going 80mph down the highway that im still looking to impove on. A "daily" tune that im still working on as it isnt very smooth right now and still needs some tweeking and a "fun" one for messing around with the local ricers ;) 

Did some tweaking with my MPG tune and got 16.9 mpg going 80mph. Pulled into the gas station and of course as I go to export my data log the quad freezes and clears all the log it recorded for my 100 mile trip ?‍♂️. I’ll post my tune details in a bit to see what you guys think I should tweek, but is their any fix for the quad failing? Or is it just a common occurrence? Was really hoping to look at my log tonight ?

100 miles would be a massive log file, I'm not surprised that it crashed. I think the logging function is meant to be used in shorter durations to see the results of a specific situation. IE a 1/4 mile WOT run, a few minutes of cruising, etc. Somebody will jump in if I'm out to lunch here. If you tried to navigate a .CSV file of that size, you would be pulling your hair out.

16 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Ummm... I hope you are not buying "GAS" for a diesel truck... :duh: I hope you are buying FUEL for your truck... :wink:

I do a 50/50 mix of gas and diesel. I feel like it flows better through my engine ?? I’ve been driving a diesel for 2 years now and don’t think I’ve ever said I was going out to buy diesel ? 

here is my tune for mpg with stock injectors, i'm currently getting 16.9 while going 80mph. what can i change to get this up a little more. my buddy has the same truck same mods and is getting 18-19 (so he says) with his edge and its killing me! 

MPG tunes

TUNE PARAMETERS

Number of Power levels: 7

RPM Limit: 3200

VALET MODE PARAMETERS

Maximum Valet Mode Power: 25

PUMP TAP PARAMETERS

Maximum Fuel Stretch: 1400

TPS Pump Maximum: 100

TPS Pump Minimum: 20

Minimum Pump Tap Fueling Percentage: 0

Pump Low Boost Scale PSI: 5

Boost Scaling: 38

TIMING PARAMETERS

Fuel Load Timing: 2

Low PSI Timing Reduct: 3

Timing Reduct Scaling: 100

Light Throttle Timing Adv: 2

Light Throttle Timing Load Limit: 30

RPM TIMING MAX

1500 RPM: 15

2000 RPM: 18

2500 RPM: 23

3000 RPM: 25

Max RPM:26 

BOOST LEVEL FUELING - CAN BUS

PSI: 100

PSI: 102

PSI: 104

PSI: 106

PSI: 118

PSI: 110

PSI: 112

PSI: 114

PSI: 116

PSI: 118

10 PSI: 120

11 PSI: 122

12 PSI: 124

13 PSI: 126

14 PSI: 128

15 PSI: 130

16 PSI: 132

18 PSI: 134

20 PSI: 136

22 PSI: 138

24 PSI: 140

26 PSI: 142

28 PSI: 144

30 PSI: 146

add more timing   each truck is a little different.  Mikes truck likes ~23* of timing at 65 mind likes 19.5-20* at 65  Keep walking up your cruise timing by .5* until you start the feel the truck have a "lul" when you go into cruise state.  egts should also come down the closer you come to opitiomal timing.  

TIMING PARAMETERS

Fuel Load Timing: 2

Low PSI Timing Reduct: 3

Timing Reduct Scaling: 100

Light Throttle Timing Adv: 2.5

Light Throttle Timing Load Limit: 30

RPM TIMING MAX

1500 RPM: 16

2000 RPM: 19

2500 RPM: 23

3000 RPM: 25

Max RPM:26 

However 17 at 80 is not bad.   I would ask your friend for some proof pudding.  

Edited by Me78569

I got my Quad on Friday...of course i am leaving town again and had a very long list of honey dues so didn't get any further then installing it on the truck. 

ME, the fuel milage update, will that be another gauge to watch or what?  Will i have to install more sensors, (i am a cheap sob).  

I am really impressed with how much data the Quad can pull with just a few wires being plugged in.  CanBus, wire tap, egt, ignition, power, ground, and we have mph, rpm, load, tps, and egt, pretty amazing.  

Edited by KRob