• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla V2 Custom Tunes

Me78569

• Owner
1 minute ago, KBecker443 said:

It’s my daily driver I mainly just use it to monitor everything still working on the whole custom tune thing to help the truck get better MPG and lower egts 

Like @Me78569 will say that most of the MPG is based on timing. 

Lower Engine Load = Better MPG

Lower EGT's = Better MPG

So don't get tunnel vision and listen to more timing is better. Make sure you measure your engine load in the same place on flat ground travel and change your timing in small amounts. If the engine load is rises then your going the wrong way.  If the engine load is going down you going the right direction. Keep going till you find a light rise then back off. 

@Me78569 any chance you have a tune that will get me going in the right direction? I’m sorry I’m not to savey with the tuning aspect of everything, I’ve ran the basic QZ tunes for the past 6 months, and have a HemiFever tune for my other truck. I’ve done no actual modifications to any tunes or curves 

4 minutes ago, KBecker443 said:

Does anybody know who has the OS system and uses the radio as their monitor? Really like this idea and was looking at upgrading my radio and speakers any ways. Hoping I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone 

ios works over WIFI, I dont know how you would get that to work.  I also dont know of any IOS head units.

Just now, KBecker443 said:

@Me78569 any chance you have a tune that will get me going in the right direction? I’m sorry I’m not to savey with the tuning aspect of everything, I’ve ran the basic QZ tunes for the past 6 months, and have a HemiFever tune for my other truck. I’ve done no actual modifications to any tunes or curves 

I dont know anything about your truck.  Mods etc etc.  Have you looked in the tune download section?  I built 20 or so various tunes

kzimmer isn't the only one that got it working on an Android stereo head unit. His is definitely a weird case though. I built him a custom version of the OS to try and get the export to work but it still doesn't. No idea why either. 

As far as the iOS version is concerned, I believe that there are some head units that will do something akin to screen mirroring from your iPhone. The touch only works on the iPhone, but it will display on your stereo head unit. If someone knows a better way to get it working for an iPhone lets us know. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Owner
10 minutes ago, Raffron said:

i didnt see any smoke tunes or lope tunes for the v2. Any links on the site? Just for fun. Not for DD

Won't find any here... Everyone is creating clean performance tunes or clean economy tunes. No one has bothered to create a lope tune or smoke tunes. Just attracts a bad crowd and typically a turn off for everyone.

• Thanks 1

Once you read the articles and posts about custom tuning, you can build your own tune to smoke as little or as much as you like. As far as the lope thing goes... This isn't a 70's big block carbureted gas motor with a custom cam. Lope isn't a thing. At least not a proper thing. 

However I started my truck today after a -20° C day and it wasn't plugged in, and it loped a little. I could help you source some dry ice if you'd like to try to recreate this scenario... Since there aren't a ton of 1st world inhabitable places at this moment with this particular temperature.

• Owner
14 minutes ago, Raffron said:

285 75 r16. Does anyone know this in inches? Thanks

32 Inches... Basically gaining 1 full inch over me. But more rotational weight...

285mm = 11.2205 x 75% = 8.41 inch x 2 =16.83 + 16 Rim = 32.8 Inch tall tire. 

Just like 235/85 R16...

235mm = 9.25197 x 85% = 7.86 inches x 2 = 15.72 + 16 Rim = 31.7 inch tall tire.

Or 265/75 R16...

265mm = 10.4331 x 75% = 7.82 inches x 2 = 15.64 + 16 Rim = 31.6 Inch tall tire.

Edited by Mopar1973Man