• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla V2 Custom Tunes

Me78569

Couple of y'all earlier were talking about your truck will spin the tires easy..... 

My will not spin them period! 

I'm not wire tapped maybe that's way but I'm running canbus starting around 95 up to 145 and timing. 

Basically even if I brake boost my turbo, it takes off pretty good, stutter a couple of times then pulls hard.... but NEVER tire spin....

I'm 150hp injectors, bw 362 sxe turbo, 4in exhaust etc, 265 /75 tires auto trans.

I feel like I should be about to cook these tires.... but nope. 

What do y'all think ? Do I have it turn down to much? 

I just posted this in another thread, but I just realized that this is a much better link. 

First of all, a shout-out to Me78569 for his video on custom tuning the Adrenaline with the Quadzilla Adrenaline V2 custom tuning options. Its just too bad that Youtube flubbed up his video and flipped it horizontally and vertically making it nearly impossible to watch. 

I put this together and posted it a couple of days ago so it should be there as a resource. 

• Thanks 1

Alright guys so i have been pretty busy with work and cant get logged into my old account so i made a new one. Yall were helping me back around September/October of last year. 

Since then i have swapped out the map sensor so i think that issue has been solved but now im looking to squeeze some more mpg out of the truck. I recently weighed my truck at the scales and it weighed 11250, quite a bit heaver than i was expecting but in my line of work i wont be able to shave much weight without leaving a lot of tools at home.

So currently i have been averaging 15.2 to 15.5 mpg pretty consistently with speed between 68 and 75. I know most people will say to slow down but if i go much slower its harder for me to maintain speed without dropping down to the low 60s and becoming a road block even in the slow lane. If the speed limit is 70 most people drive 75/80. If you have ever driven in Dallas during rush hour you know what im experiencing. lol I have been as low as 13 but that was towing a trailer and thru some stop and go traffic/hills. I am thinking i can squeeze some more mileage out of this heavy pig so i would like some suggestions on what to do with the tuning to see what y'all think will be beneficial.

Here is the current tune.

TUNE PARAMETERS

Number of Power levels: 7

RPM Limit: 3200

VALET MODE PARAMETERS

Maximum Valet Mode Power: 50

PUMP TAP PARAMETERS

Maximum Fuel Stretch: 1800

TPS Pump Maximum: 100

TPS Pump Minimum: 30

Minimum Pump Tap Fueling Percentage: 0

Pump Low Boost Scale PSI: 10

Boost Scaling: 38

TIMING PARAMETERS

Fuel Load Timing: 2

Low PSI Timing Reduct: 1.5

Timing Reduct Scaling: 100

Light Throttle Timing Adv: 1

Light Throttle Timing Load Limit: 37

RPM TIMING MAX

1500 RPM: 15

2000 RPM: 18

2500 RPM: 23

3000 RPM: 25

Max RPM:26 

BOOST LEVEL FUELING - CAN BUS

PSI: 107

PSI: 109

PSI: 111

PSI: 113

PSI: 115

PSI: 119

PSI: 122

PSI: 125

PSI: 128

PSI: 130

10 PSI: 134

11 PSI: 137

12 PSI: 140

13 PSI: 143

14 PSI: 145

15 PSI: 148

16 PSI: 150

18 PSI: 150

20 PSI: 150

22 PSI: 150

24 PSI: 150

26 PSI: 150

28 PSI: 150

30 PSI: 150

I would like to be around 16.5 to 17mpg average and i would be extremely happy with the current setup. I will be stepping up to 7 x .010s in the not to distant future in anticipation for a set of hx35/s472 compounds.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I've been moving cruise timing around a bit but it doesn't seem to change mileage much. 

If there is any info I have missed please ask. 

I will post a data log tomorrow to see if anything stands out.

• Owner
9 minutes ago, KMayborn said:

cant get logged into my old account so i made a new one.

PM me I'll get your account merged together and fix the other one for you.

9 minutes ago, KMayborn said:

If the speed limit is 70 most people drive 75/80. If you have ever driven in Dallas during rush hour you know what im experiencing.

That's a tough problem. Even with stock sized tires and 3.55 gears your still twisting 2,300 or so at 80 MPH. No matter what you do it going to be a pig at those speeds. You would need to get back below 2,000 RPM like 65 MPH range to gain something back. Even my truck 17-19 MPG at 65 MPH rare time or two I can push 20 MPG at 65 MPH

The other problem is the engine load will be too high to even hit cruise timing and even if you could it would be too high to use. I've use to do trips on the I84 to Boise quite a bit and there is no way to reach cruise timing while travel those speeds. If you do manage to hit it like I said the timing might be too high. I'm aiming for 18.5 to 19 degrees cruise timing at 2,000 RPM's. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

@KMayborn I’ve learned that anything over 70mph my mpgs drop fast. The speed limit is 75 around here in Michigan and the fastest I go is 70 just enough to stay ahead of the semis. Anything that will bring your engine load % down more is a big plus also. 

Edit: going from stock injectors to 7x.010’s I went from 37% load at 70mph to 29% load. I’m sure I’ve gained a few mpgs but I’ve been too busy playing around with the new set up 

Edited by Youngblood24v
  • Like 1

• Owner
4 minutes ago, Youngblood24v said:

Anything that will bring your engine load % down more is a big plus also. 

Engine Load = Amount of fuel being injected including the injector size. So if you cruising at 40-50% engine load you flowing 50% of capable fuel through those bigger nozzles just means even more fuel burned. If you want MPG numbers you need your engine load as LOW as possible. For me to tip 21 MPG I need to say below 20% engine load. This will give a clue.

6 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

PM me I'll get your account merged together and fix the other one for you.

That's a tough problem. Even with stock sized tires and 3.55 gears your still twisting 2,300 or so at 80 MPH. No matter what you do it going to be a pig at those speeds. You would need to get back below 2,000 RPM like 65 MPH range to gain something back. Even my truck 17-19 MPG at 65 MPH rare time or two I can push 20 MPG at 65 MPH

The other problem is the engine load will be too high to even hit cruise timing and even if you could it would be too high to use. I've use to do trips on the I84 to Boise quite a bit and there is no way to reach cruise timing while travel those speeds. If you do manage to hit it like I said the timing might be too high. I'm aiming for 18.5 to 19 degrees cruise timing at 2,000 RPM's. 

If i could hold 65 to 70 without being down to 58 to 60 climbing the slightest hill i would be fone with that. The only reason i am running 75 is so that i dont lose all my momentum.

If im not mistaken my timing should be right around what you are suggesting.

At this point do you thing 150hp injectors will help or hurt my situation? 

2 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Engine Load = Amount of fuel being injected including the injector size. So if you cruising at 40-50% engine load you flowing 50% of capable fuel through those bigger nozzles just means even more fuel burned. If you want MPG numbers you need your engine load as LOW as possible. For me to tip 21 MPG I need to say below 20% engine load. This will give a clue.

Your truck is just a aerodynamic beast! I’m still seeing 25% load at 65mph, granted I weigh a fair bit more 

4 minutes ago, Youngblood24v said:

Your truck is just a aerodynamic beast! I’m still seeing 25% load at 65mph, granted I weigh a fair bit more 

I have all the aerodynamics of a brick. Ill see if i can attach a picture of my rig. I know its not helping but just trying to get the best out of what i got.

UNT Welding Rig.jpg

• Like 1