• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla V2 Custom Tunes

Me78569

• Owner
1 minute ago, Youngblood24v said:

Your truck is just a aerodynamic beast! I’m still seeing 25% load at 65mph, granted I weigh a fair bit more 

Take note @Youngblood24v your running 7 x 0.010 injectors vs my 7 x 0.0085 injectors so you'll need to be below 15% to reach 21 MPG. Bigger the nozzles the lower in the engine load percentage you need to be. Just to show how this works...

Engine Load = Quadzilla CANBus Fuel / 4,095

So if you have CANBus Fuel of 2,000 on the Quadzilla that is equal 48.8% Engine Load. If you want MPG you need to address all rolling resistance loads, drag, excessive weight, etc. Either way you need Engine Load numbers down as low as possible to gain MPG's.

Basically as your tuning if any adjustment changes the engine load higher you are going the wrong direction. Timing is a tough one to call out. Like on my truck knowing my injectors are set for 305 bar and have over 60k miles on them that means they are most likely lower. This means the injectors are firing sooner. I'm using @Me78569 19 degree rule at the 2,000k mark and figuring that my injectors are popping a bit early and not atomizing as well. Hence why I'm set the timing for 18.5 at 2,000 RPMs because of possible wear. Either way I make adjustments and check my engine load value on flat ground cruise set. Look for change of the engine load value if its going up your going the wrong way. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Take note @Youngblood24v your running 7 x 0.010 injectors vs my 7 x 0.0085 injectors so you'll need to be below 15% to reach 21 MPG. Bigger the nozzles the lower in the engine load percentage you need to be. Just to show how this works...

Engine Load = Quadzilla CANBus Fuel / 4,095

So if you have CANBus Fuel of 2,000 on the Quadzilla that is equal 48.8% Engine Load. If you want MPG you need to address all rolling resistance loads, drag, excessive weight, etc. Either way you need Engine Load numbers down as low as possible to gain MPG's.

Im we’ll aware of the fact that I’ll most likely never see 21mph. If I were wanting higher mpgs I would be driving a car ? I’m very happy with my 16mpgs 

• Like 2

• Owner

I'm going to break my old high mark of 27.2 MPG with a 8,000-pound truck. Done it once I'll do it again. So don't give up. I'm going to at least reach for my old mid 20's like back in the days of Edge Comp and +50 HP Vulcan Performance Injectors. If I can reach the mid 20's then I know I can break my record. I've got work to do to my truck to do it. Right now there is minor issues like parking brake cable rusted up and possibly dragging brake shoes. Valve Lash. There is a few other things I'll look into.

14 minutes ago, KMayborn said:

I have all the aerodynamics of a brick. Ill see if i can attach a picture of my rig. I know its not helping but just trying to get the best out of what i got.

UNT Welding Rig.jpg

You got the aerodynamics of mine but I only weigh around 8k lbs thankfully. ? 

8 hours ago, Youngblood24v said:

You got the aerodynamics of mine but I only weigh around 8k lbs thankfully. ? 

I wish i could shed weight but it would make my job alot harder. Soon ill be buying a new machine thats 5in shorter and 200lbs lighter but 15k price tag is hard to swallow when i didnt even pay that much for the truck. haha

So for those of you asking for my setup:

02 Dodge 3500 Dually

H.O. 6spd 4x4

Valair 550hp clutch

Fass Titanium 150

3.54s With 235/85r16s.

Edited by KMayborn

9 minutes ago, Silverdodge said:

Personally would compound with big injectors and tune nicely 

MlPersonally would compound with big injectors and tune nicely 

@silverdodge Thats the plan but just have to do it in steps. Studs and injectors first, then rebuild the hx35 and buy a s472 and build the piping.

Will do. Just hard to watch it while driving in traffic.

I read some where that timing between the H.O. and S.O pumps are different, should i be taking that into account when playing with timing?

I think i have squeezed as much as i can out of it for being as heavy as i am, do you think as set of 4.10 gears and 33in tires would be too much gear? It should put my cruise rpm at 2133 give or take.

So i was talking with Dap and they suggested a 225hp (7x.012)  injector if I go compounds. Is it feasible to turn them down enough with the v2 to run them temporarily on a hx35? 

If not i think I’m going to stay with a single for awhile and run a 62/68/12 sxe. 

Edited by KMayborn

I just posted another video to show people how to tell if they have the V2 tuning loaded up on their Adrenaline device. Hopefully this will answer somebody's question. 

I guess the screen shot pretty much tells you how. 

Edited by Quadzilla Power
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, KMayborn said:

So i was talking with Dap and they suggested a 225hp (7x.012)  injector if I go compounds. Is it feasible to turn them down enough with the v2 to run them temporarily on a hx35? 

If not i think I’m going to stay with a single for awhile and run a 62/68/12 sxe. 

Some guys have, it is not a long term solution though.

41 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

It would only be for a few months till i could afford the second turbo. I really don’t want to have to buy injectors twice but if it’s not advised at all I’ll just  stick with the single.

Saw a video of a guy tuning a he351 with 7x .12s. That’s not much bigger than a hx35 is it?

43 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Define long term lol

Just now, KMayborn said:

Saw a video of a guy tuning a he351 with 7x .12s. That’s not much bigger than a hx35 is it?

Probably was @Me78569! Lol 

I’ll be in the same boat as you shortly running big injectors on an HX. Definitely not a permanent solution but I can imagine anything being wrong with running for 6-12 months as long as you were nice.

34 minutes ago, notlimah said:

17 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

That was me.  The he351ve does about 9lb/min more than a hx35.

As long as you drive semi smart you will be fine.

What are your hours goals?

Id like to be able to be around 500 to 550. No more than what my clutch will handle at the moment. Daily driving would obviously be lower.

Looking at either doing a 62/68/12 with 7x.010s or if i went compounds a hx35/s472. If i go with the 62/68/12 now i would run it over the s472 later down the road.