• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla V2 Custom Tunes

Me78569

Why not? Most androids have GPS. And like my truck I am running big tires and the speedo is off by 4mph. Just seems like it may be a easy fix. But I know nothing about android programming. I really am happy with the IQUAD app. Thanks again developers.....!!!

35 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

@Quadzilla Power I think he wants the Andriod device to pass the gps info to the app.  

That actually makes a lot more sense. Most Android devices do have GPS. That may be doable, but I've never looked into the GPS system. It may be manufacturer specific information. We would have to find that out. 

One concern I have is that people who use our app wouldn't want to grant permission to know your exact locaiton. Right now, its a general location that we get (mostly just what country your in) just to help determine how to handle the "," and "." characters. Getting exact location means we would know exactly where you are. We honestly wouldn't do anything with that information. I wouldn't even know what to do with it even if I wanted to do something with it, other than calculate MPH, but it may be a concern some have. 

• Like 1

• Owner
13 hours ago, Me78569 said:

battery useage would also be a concern haha. 

you should be able to add speed without much $$ and Time

I use an app called Life 360 so I can track where MoparMom is at all times and visa-versa. My GPS is on and on high accuracy. Both my LG G5 and MoparMom's LG G4 last pretty good on battery life.

the app is running as a service compared to the iquad app, which already has the screen running %100, bluetooth / wifi and polling of data miultiple times a second.   

I remember you saying how "hot" your phone got.   Add GPS on top of that and it will drain even faster.

15 hours ago, Quadzilla Power said:

That actually makes a lot more sense. Most Android devices do have GPS. That may be doable, but I've never looked into the GPS system. It may be manufacturer specific information. We would have to find that out. 

One concern I have is that people who use our app wouldn't want to grant permission to know your exact locaiton. Right now, its a general location that we get (mostly just what country your in) just to help determine how to handle the "," and "." characters. Getting exact location means we would know exactly where you are. We honestly wouldn't do anything with that information. I wouldn't even know what to do with it even if I wanted to do something with it, other than calculate MPH, but it may be a concern some have. 

Be smart if someone could make an encryption program to handle that info. No key no usable data except telemetry which is what GPS is..... right?

• Owner
1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

the app is running as a service compared to the iquad app, which already has the screen running %100, bluetooth / wifi and polling of data miultiple times a second.   

I remember you saying how "hot" your phone got.   Add GPS on top of that and it will drain even faster.

Yeah LG G3 phone. Now my LG G5 gets warm but never shutdown yet.

We have an app we designed for my actual job,  it is a GPS tracking with screen and wifi connection,   We have trouble with people not having high enough amperage charges to keep the device running throughout the day. 

As for GPS info being out there, who cares, everyone and their brother is already being tracked for x y ands z reason.  It's one of hte first switches you enable when you sign up for gmail.

• Owner

I'm not paranoid like some people that are afraid to post there real name, phone number, etc. I don't care if the Gov't is tracking me. I'm not doing anything illegal.

If people are so good at tracking people why is it so hard for law enforcement to trackdown criminals and put them away?

Makes you think about the whole tracking thing...

The iquad seems to use burst transmissions to communicate with our devices rather than a direct connection like to a stereo. I know I can use my phone or tablet with Iquad and also have it running Pandora on my truck stereo. ALL through bluetooth. 

I use the life 360 app also. It updates location often but not exactly real time. That's why they want you to use WiFi and your network also for better accuracy.  

On 5/3/2018 at 1:30 PM, KMayborn said:

So i am going to start building a tune to run the 7x.011s with hx35. 

Using the easy tune builder as a starting point of 83% of stock fuel. So does the tune builder assume you have enough air to use the injectors to their fullest potential or is it just a starting point?

Im not even going to try to run any wire tap because i know it will just run the Hx35 way out of map and be pointless, so ill just be using canbus to make the truck drive able.

As for timing i have read that bigger injectors need more timing to run efficiently. What would be some good starting points to work from?

@Mopar1973Man What engine load will i need to be shooting for to keep the mpg up? 15? 

@Me78569 I was just looking tthrough the tune database and saw your 7x.012 tune for the stock turbo. Is this a good place to start or should i bump it up a little? Judging by the tune you have written for the .012s i think the tune builders starting point is a bit high for my application. I think i may have answered my own question.lol

I am not looking for max power out of these injectors at the moment but more clean driving and decent mpg.

Also, what should i have DAP set the pop pressure at? Ill be ordering them on monday.

I’m running 7x.011’s with a 62/68/12 and I have my starting fuel at 75.  It still puffs a little on a hard take off.

• Owner
29 minutes ago, Mr. Bojangles said:

@Mopar1973Man What engine load will i need to be shooting for to keep the mpg up? 15? 

For my 7 x 0.0085 injectors, I need at least 17-19 engine load to hit 20-22 MPG.

Bigger the injectors the lower the engine load has to be.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

On 5/8/2018 at 9:57 AM, Me78569 said:

As for GPS info being out there, who cares, everyone and their brother is already being tracked for x y ands z reason.  It's one of hte first switches you enable when you sign up for gmail.

On 5/8/2018 at 11:07 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

I'm not paranoid like some people that are afraid to post there real name, phone number, etc. I don't care if the Gov't is tracking me. I'm not doing anything illegal

Do you guys mind installing some security cameras on your property and in your house and also get them things that you talk to (lexa or something like that) and then post a link so we can all access it and see what kind of beer you drinking and what political views you may have along with what you're going to buy next. 

Don't take this the wrong way but technology is very dangerous. I'm sure most of you heard of a book called 1984, if not I suggest you to look it up. Here I Go Again :sofa:

• Haha 1

• Owner
1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

Don't take this the wrong way but technology is very dangerous. I'm sure most of you heard of a book called 1984, if not I suggest you to look it up.

LOL...

https://mopar1973man.com/contact/

Everything about me and where I live... I've even included a photo. Google Map directions. Heck, I made it easy to even click my phone number and dial your cell phone. I'm registered with the Great State of Idaho for DBA of Mopar1973Man.Com. I'm also registered with the Great State of Idaho for Sale Tax permit. Trust me if they wanted to spy on me they would of already. Am I worried no... Can they track me with my cellphone sure. They will find out the very same thing I tell everyone else they will see that I'm taking care of MoparMom and dialysis treatments. Waste of Gov't time to track me. 

A little story about a check sent to me by the Idaho County. It was during fire season and I was busy I told MoparMom to just deposit the check and I would deal with it later. Come to find out there is two Michael S. Nelson in service of Idaho County. The second one is a dentist for the Idaho County jail. I happened to get his check by mistake being I'm employed by Idaho County Search and Rescue. Needless to say, I got a nasty letter from the county telling me I was going to jail if I didn't return the funds. Next day I showed up to the attorney for Idaho County ot return the funds no biggy. The attorney already knew everything about me and all the different things I did. Was I worried nope? Why? I'm proud of the person I am and the service I provide to the local community. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1