• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla V2 Custom Tunes

Me78569

Surprised to see any wiretap in your tune at all, at least set as low a setting as you have it. Are you getting a ton smoke down low? Seems like a lot of fuel from wiretap really early to me, but I’m not the expert. 

I’m looking to get some help with tuning truck I’ve got 200hp 7hole vocal injectors on stock turbo (for now) auto 3.88 gearing 37x13.5 tires supporting mods n a comp 1 trans from fireP 

weird thing is it’s not Smokey If I run it on level0 hardly any smoke unless 100% throttle even this tune here I’m running runs clean unles on level 10 n I floor it.

looking to get better mileage n a nice did tune . NOT sure of the exact mileage but as of right now it can’t be good.idk where the fuels going 

I did the bucket test with my fass150 n on idle it used 2.5 gallons in less than 5 minutes (rufflly) Also  at sea level. 

I havnt had a chance to data log can’t get my hands on a windows comp. 

also my mpg trip meter isn’t working any idea why? The gauge is there just says 0

LEvels 10 

Pump 1500

tps max 100

min 20

pump tap 0

low boost 15

scalling 40

Max load 2.0

low psi 3.0

timing red 100

light throttle 5.0

load limit 20

1500—17

2000—19

2500—23

3000–25

max—26 

i was running little higher timing but have been trying this out lately 

Canbus fueling 

starts at 85% and goes up by 1 every psi 

if I drop it bellow 80 it lopes at light throttle like 1-5% throttle then goes away more throttle faster  the lope gets.

To be honest I have an axel dump so unless there’s a good amount of smoke it’s hard to tell. Should I weld one out the side temporarily lol?

Am I in the range of where the tuning should be?

any help be appreciated 

I see 11-13% +/-1% crusing on my daily drive... Is that about as good as it gets?

Also if tps minimum is set to 35% and low boost is set to 5 psi, will the quad bring in wiretap as soon as the earliest/first condition is met, or after the highest/last condition is met? 

• Owner
31 minutes ago, rogerash0 said:

see 11-13% +/-1% crusing on my daily drive... Is that about as good as it gets?

26 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

that 11% cruise is stellar really.

Agreed! That is stellar! I float about 15-19% in the rolling flatlands. (7 x 0.085) injectors.

That's third gear locked right at 2000-2100rpm, right at 50mph actual, rolling on flat ground at sea level. Fourth

unlocked/same speed/same flat road will be under the power curve around 1400 +/-100rpm, and probably nets 18-22% cruise workload.

9 hours ago, Me78569 said:

mpg meter needs to have the mpg offset setup and the trans and tire size inputted.  

What load % do you see at cruise?

I have my trans selected and tire size inputed. 

My MPH is exactly correct.  Still my mpg meter says 0. What’s the best MPG possible to get with 200hp injectors do you guys think. 

I think my load is about 18-22 depending if my a/c is on at 55-60mph cruising. I’m in Hawaii our fastest speed limit is 55. 

Any suggestion on the tune tune I posted and comments on why The truck hardly smokes.

(I’m glad it dosnt but I was prepared for a lot of smoke with the 200hp injectors) 

I have not been able to pull up any data logging or use the tune builder yet, so I’m kinda shooting blind on the tuning. 

Also I don’t have it fully understanded yet no matter how many times I read over your v2 tuning guid and different forums on the tuning. 

Any suggestions for a DD, MPG, and race tunes at sea level for my setup as is. I’ve been trying for a while. 

Also Can someone explain can-bus fueling n where u want it at n when

There is a setting for MPG offset that needs to be set as well.  App > settings > mpg offset

24 mpg pure highway was pretty easy for me with 7 x .012's but I spent a lot of time in tuning.

Canbus fueling is the meat of your fueling.    you want to use as much canbus fueling as possible before smoke happens and then use wiretap up top to keep power high in the rpm band.  

not anymore it got nixxed as we ran out of room in the data stream and most people wouldn't understand that wiretap was controlled with a base map so they would complain about "only getting %80 wiretap" when at 2200 rpm vs 2800 rpm

Bummer, ok. It would help me a lot to know for certain when it's being applied. The whole eco gas thing with offset I don't understand or use at all. I really wish quad had a proper publication or description of all this stuff. It's not like there ain't room on the screen....

100  = stock injectors.   150 ~ = 7 x .012,   135 ~ = 7 x .009's Is it used to make the duration command into a mm3 per stroke calculation.   That is how MPG meter is possible.

Issue with the screen is the structure for tutorials is not built into the app nor is it the vehicle profile.  It would be a major rewrite of the app and json structure to support it.  they want to, but it is not a small project so it will take time.  

6 hours ago, Me78569 said:

There is a setting for MPG offset that needs to be set as well.  App > settings > mpg offset

24 mpg pure highway was pretty easy for me with 7 x .012's but I spent a lot of time in tuning.

Canbus fueling is the meat of your fueling.    you want to use as much canbus fueling as possible before smoke happens and then use wiretap up top to keep power high in the rpm band.  

Ok yes I have set the mpg offset to 100,150 I’m still geting 0 somthing can’t be right. Any help with a tune maybe somthing to just go off off for sea level with what I’m runing. Just till I get my hand on a dang Windows.

On 6/4/2018 at 9:36 PM, notlimah said:

Surprised to see any wiretap in your tune at all, at least set as low a setting as you have it. Are you getting a ton smoke down low? Seems like a lot of fuel from wiretap really early to me, but I’m not the expert. 

im guessing this was directed toward me? this isnt a DD truck or tune. Tuning for purely performance. 

9 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

MPG Offset I'm using for 7 x 0.0085 injectors is 135% which is darn close. Make sure the switch ON and lit green. Tire size I'm using the 95.7 inches which is stock signal passed through. (Still off by about 0.5 MPH).

Switch is on n light green. Im runing 37x13.5r24

4:10 gears  my tire offset is at 116.1 my mph may be off by a mile give or take. I have played with the offset a bunch  I’m still geting 0. Am I right I’m assuming every mile it figures the mpg? I was changing the offset every 1-3 miles trying to see if I could get it to work but nothing still on 0. 

Can anyone tell me why my 200hp injectors don’t smoke. Following the v2 tuning guide I run the truck on level 1 at 100% checking for power n smoke from stop 100% throttle I  hardley get a puff of smoke, more like a light haze for less than a second. With a stock turbo this just doesn’t seem right.  What am I missing or is somthing wrong, maybe fuel pressure, vp pump, feed tubes, or fuel lines? Seems like I’m not geting all the fuel.

3 hours ago, cumminsVP2001 said:

im guessing this was directed toward me? this isnt a DD truck or tune. Tuning for purely performance. 

Yea not knockin it, just seemed like it’d smoke like a mother down low since your wiretap comes on with 2000us duration at 5lbs, which I imagine your turbo should almost always be above when moving. Was more of a question then anything critical of the tune. I’ll have a similar setup soon so was curious more then anything.

Edited by notlimah

3 hours ago, cumminsVP2001 said:

2 minutes ago, notlimah said:

Yea not knockin it, just seemed like it smoke like a mother down low since your wiretap comes on with 2000us duration at 5lbs, which I imagine your turbo should almost always be above when moving. Was more of a question then anything critical of the tune. I’ll have a similar setup soon so was curious more then anything.

Maybe a dumb question but...So if it’s a performance tune why wouldn’t you use wire tap?  Dosnt wiretap give u the most fuel u can get,Mind explaining why u wouldn’t want wire tap in a performance tune?

Not saying I wouldn’t, just seemed like that tune had the wiretap come on almost instantly, and with that big of injectors just seemed like it would smoke pretty bad down low with all the fuel even with the bigger turbo.

Like I mentioned, not knockin it, just curious if my assumptions are right or wrong.