• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla V2 Custom Tunes

Me78569

just went on a drive with the new tune for the first time and here are some numbers i tracked.

on data log my WOT lvl 3 run was

40 psi of boost

1284 egt

3255 max rpm

4095 canbus fuel

28.54 timing

some cruise numbers i took down at 60mph were:

16% throttle

18% load

21* timing 

1600 rpm

750-800 canbus fuel

720* egt

70mph

21% throttle

20% load

22.5* timing

820-850 canbus fuel

1880 rpm

800* egt

my notes on the trip

lvl 3 runs were smooth throughout the throttle at WOT and smokey down low (as expected)

lvl 6 i didnt get a wot throttle run but running 50ish percent throttle it was smooth until 3rd gear and it took off rapidly and slightly erratic. 

im still having the problem of holding first gear until 2100-2200 rpm even with minimal tps 

Edited by cumminsVP2001

9 hours ago, cumminsVP2001 said:

just went on a drive with the new tune for the first time and here are some numbers i tracked.

on data log my WOT lvl 3 run was

40 psi of boost

1284 egt

3255 max rpm

4095 canbus fuel

28.54 timing

some cruise numbers i took down at 60mph were:

16% throttle

18% load

21* timing 

1600 rpm

750-800 canbus fuel

720* egt

70mph

21% throttle

20% load

22.5* timing

820-850 canbus fuel

1880 rpm

800* egt

my notes on the trip

lvl 3 runs were smooth throughout the throttle at WOT and smokey down low (as expected)

lvl 6 i didnt get a wot throttle run but running 50ish percent throttle it was smooth until 3rd gear and it took off rapidly and slightly erratic. 

im still having the problem of holding first gear until 2100-2200 rpm even with minimal tps 

So u have your maximum tps not at 100? 

Or do u mean you minimum set to 0?

i didn’t realize the quad had anything to do with the shifting but actually now that I mention it some tunes lock up or shift sooner than others. 

I’m having an issue with OD being that majority of my driving is between 45~60 especially going up a long 10-25 % grade 3rd locked rpms is a little high with 15-18% load at around 2500rpm if I turn on OD it shifts to 4th  unlocked n it’s perfect!  right where I think  it should be, but with in 3 seconds trans locks up n load goes to 40-45 n I have to slack on the throttle or it starts taking off. When I do slack she  starts to  bog down a bit. I’ve never seen it unlock yet. Wish I could force the converter to unlock like how my tc lock up switch forces it to lock. 

On 6/7/2018 at 4:31 AM, Quadzilla Power said:

Like @Me78569 said above. Its not a bad idea to double check your jumper settings in the Adrenaline module. 

Here is a guide to how to set the jumper (and a guide to what else you need to buy if buying used): http://quadzillapower.com/after-market-adrenaline/#VP44Trucks

Sorry guys but I’m still not able to get s reading for my tip meter or eco. 

My MPH is correct I’ve messed with ton of different offsets, I’m just geting 0 and 0 there needs to be a reason for this. What is it I’m missing? 

Also I’m  22% timing at 26% load cruise timing st 55mph is this to much? My egg rang from 750-800? I’m really trying to figure out this timing. Does donating get u help with your tunes? Truck runs good But I’m sure it could be better.   

• Owner
18 minutes ago, Alf808 said:

So u have your maximum tps not at 100?

Yes.

18 minutes ago, Alf808 said:

Or do u mean you minimum set to 0?

You can... I've got mine set for 30% so it takes 30% TPS or more to trigger wiretap. That allows for wider range of CANBus only fuel without tripping the wiretap.

20 minutes ago, Alf808 said:

i didn’t realize the quad had anything to do with the shifting but actually now that I mention it some tunes lock up or shift sooner than others.

This depends on how much defuel is in your CANBus fueling. So if you in the throttle deeper its going to pull the TV cable more. You might have to add fuel to change the shift points.

23 minutes ago, Alf808 said:

but with in 3 seconds trans locks up n load goes to 40-45 n I have to slack on the throttle or it starts taking off. When I do slack she  starts to  bog down a bit.

Might have to add in some retarding. Add another degree to the Max Load Timing Offset.

25 minutes ago, Alf808 said:

Also I’m  22% timing at 26% load cruise timing st 55mph is this to much?

Might be. Now what axle gears are you running and what size tires? This does matter. 

27 minutes ago, Alf808 said:

Does donating get u help with your tunes?

Typically starting your own thread get better support. Donation is not required, but suggested.

I notice you show a Max of 3255 rpm. That's about the max I see too, quad doesn't fuel to 3600 or 3700 rpm like it claims. My edge juice comp you could feel fueling to 3600. It wasn't ultra hard fuelling past 3200, it was more like extended topend power. I still have the tuner and will do back to back testing when I have my quad 100% dialed.

1 hour ago, rogerash0 said:

I notice you show a Max of 3255 rpm. That's about the max I see too, quad doesn't fuel to 3600 or 3700 rpm like it claims. My edge juice comp you could feel fueling to 3600. It wasn't ultra hard fuelling past 3200, it was more like extended topend power. I still have the tuner and will do back to back testing when I have my quad 100% dialed.

If your rpm limit is set for a rpm you will get fuel to that point.  

I setting to 3700 and doing a wot pull you should see in the datalogging %100 duration until 3500 then canbus fall off, wiretap won't give up until 3700.

3700.PNG

If your settings are a rpm limit of 3500+ rpm and you are only turning 3200 I want to see some datalogs.

• Thanks 1

so do those numbers look okay for cruise? i thought timing might be high, but it didnt seem to be acting weird.

@Mopar1973Man  even with very minimal tps (less then 5%) it still holds first gear till 2100-2200 rpm. when normally it would shift at 17-1800 it now sits there and hangs and hangs and falls on its face until you pass the 2k mark then shifts and takes off again. 

i also have my max rpm set to 3400 and the highest i have seen is that 3255

Edited by cumminsVP2001

set it to 3500 and do a WOT pull with the gear locked.  The trans is going to try and shift in that 3300 area unless you hold gears.  

holding gears to long is %100 related to TV level pull.  You are using more tps input ot move down the road thus higher shift points.  

Try this.  create a new tune, set canbus to %150 from 0-30 psi.   I am betting it shifts like you want.  

the trans is %100 controlled by the tv cable and the pcm.  the tuning only has an indirect effect on it.  

Edited by Me78569
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

set it to 3500 and do a WOT pull with the gear locked.  The trans is going to try and shift in that 3300 area unless you hold gears.  

holding gears to long is %100 related to TV level pull.  You are using more tps input ot move down the road thus higher shift points.  

Try this.  create a new tune, set canbus to %150 from 0-30 psi.   I am betting it shifts like you want.  

the trans is %100 controlled by the tv cable and the pcm.  the tuning only has an indirect effect on it.  

okay i might try that. like i said, even with the slightest touch of the throttle it holds waaay to long. i have my canbus fuel starting at 94% i believe, so if 100% is stock. shouldnt it shift similar to stock?

26 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Exactly. More defuel you have in you cruise realm the more TPS is required creating extra pull on TV cable which is holding gears longer.

ill try a tune set up higher and see if it changes it, but it is only 1st gear that is acting different, all of the others shift around the same rpm/mph in relation to tps. 

and what is the reasoning to when on lvl 6 once i hit 3rd gear with 50-60% throttle input from the start that it just takes off by itself. im thinking about setting my wiretap start to 0psi of boost and see if that fixes it. 

so if i had witetap tps set to 0% and wiretap boost set to 5psi, when does wiretap actually come on. once the peddle is touched or once it hits 5psi

19 minutes ago, cumminsVP2001 said:

so if i had witetap tps set to 0% and wiretap boost set to 5psi, when does wiretap actually come on. once the peddle is touched or once it hits 5psi

Both technically, but once you hit 5psi in that scenario. For instance, if it were set to 5psi and tps to 25%, you’d have to meet both parameters before wiretap would work.

4 minutes ago, notlimah said:

Both technically, but once you hit 5psi in that scenario. For instance, if it were set to 5psi and tps to 25%, you’d have to meet both parameters before wiretap would work.

ok, so then i think im going to set my wiretap psi to 0psi. i hate the erratic feeling of taking off from a stop at say 60% throttle and its nice and smooth, then all the sudden it takes off like you go WOT

my turbo hardly gets above 2-3psi in normal driving situations. cruising at 70mph is goes between 0-1psi

I would not use any wiretap for dd.  I liked to set wiretap to come on above 20 psi.  I did not use tps mins and maxes personally (just 0-100) but some guys like to.  That's up to you.

Wiretap is really good at extending fueling canbus is really good at making up the meat of the power curve.  

If it "takes off" then smooth out your fueling.  Really over %112 is unneeded if you want to peak duration only at high boost high throttle.  With big injectors I am guessing this is the case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

I would not use any wiretap for dd.  I liked to set wiretap to come on above 20 psi.  I did not use tps mins and maxes personally (just 0-100) but some guys like to.  That's up to you.

Wiretap is really good at extending fueling canbus is really good at making up the meat of the power curve.  

If it "takes off" then smooth out your fueling.  Really over %112 is unneeded if you want to peak duration only at high boost high throttle.  With big injectors I am guessing this is the case.

i leave it on lvl 3 unless i need some power then i turn it to lvl 6. and the "taking offf" didnt happen when on level 3, so my canbus fueling is good. only in lvl 6 it did this.

but like i said i was going to do i dropped my wiretap to 0psi and its smooth now. I just did 3 pulls against my buddies tuned 2005 subaru sti. i havent uploaded data before but i have it downloaded on my phone and i also sent it to my email. i would really like for you guys (and myself) to be able to see it on a graph

iQuad-2018-06-09-01.54.201618434398.csv

On 6/9/2018 at 5:46 AM, Alf808 said:

Sorry guys but I’m still not able to get s reading for my tip meter or eco. 

My MPH is correct I’ve messed with ton of different offsets, I’m just geting 0 and 0 there needs to be a reason for this. What is it I’m missing? 

If you are missing the gallons per trip and the ECO you are probably not running the latest V2.7.7. Those two things were added as part of V2.7.7. If you know how to load it and can follow the guide found here: 

Then you can probably go ahead and load the following file to get the ECO and Gallons used per trip to function properly: 

http://quadzillatech.com/TunesDownloads/V2Tunes/ADR9802v2.7.7.exe

That should have the ECO and Gallons Used pop and be functional. 

• Haha 1

On 6/9/2018 at 7:12 AM, Me78569 said:

Smooth out fueling? I have my DD tune starting at 85 and goes up by one % till 30psi can it get smoother? Or would suggest something like 111 111 111 112 112 112? If I take my fueling any lower than 85% I get that real bad lope at light throttle actually even  at 85 it does it slightly. 

When I set level valet mode to 100 its runs great with minimal smoke st the start.

but my egts are high 

On 6/9/2018 at 7:01 AM, cumminsVP2001 said:

ok, so then i think im going to set my wiretap psi to 0psi. i hate the erratic feeling of taking off from a stop at say 60% throttle and its nice and smooth, then all the sudden it takes off like you go WOT

my turbo hardly gets above 2-3psi in normal driving situations. cruising at 70mph is goes between 0-1psi

Sounds like we’re having the similar issues with tps positioning due due to our Canbus fueling. My problem occurs when only giving light throttle trans shifts supper hard into first and sometimes second gear.   I think there isn’t enough line pressure st the point of the shift. When I give above 20% throttle it shifts perfectly smooth. Adjust TV cable to much the tune possibly. But then u be adjusting that cable to often, maybe find a sweet spot. I was looking if a ATS trans commander would fix this problem, but seems To only “command” the converter.

On 6/11/2018 at 4:05 AM, Quadzilla Power said:

If you are missing the gallons per trip and the ECO you are probably not running the latest V2.7.7. Those two things were added as part of V2.7.7. If you know how to load it and can follow the guide found here: 

Then you can probably go ahead and load the following file to get the ECO and Gallons used per trip to function properly: 

http://quadzillatech.com/TunesDownloads/V2Tunes/ADR9802v2.7.7.exe

That should have the ECO and Gallons Used pop and be functional. 

Thank you I’m guessing this must be my issue I have no acces to a windows computer is there anyway to do this with a Mac. Everyone I know owns a Mac ??‍♂️

• Owner
3 hours ago, Alf808 said:

Thank you I’m guessing this must be my issue I have no acces to a windows computer is there anyway to do this with a Mac. Everyone I know owns a Mac ??‍♂️

I've got you covered. I'm an Ubuntu Linux guy.

What you got to do is download VirtualBox for your Mac.

https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

Now on that virtual machine, you install a cheap copy of Windows XP, Vista, 7 etc. 

Now you can copy the flash file to the desktop of that Virtual Windows and fire it up. Works good for Linux.

image.jpeg

Edited by Mopar1973Man